The Penn State Nittany Lions (3-4) are underdogs (-5) as they try to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the Ohio State Buckeyes (8-3) at 6:30 PM ET on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at Value City Arena. The game airs on BTN. The over/under for the matchup is set at 143.
Ohio State vs Penn State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Ohio State and Penn State
Ohio State and Penn State Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Ohio State Leaders
- Duane Washington Jr. leads the Buckeyes in scoring, averaging 14.9 points per game.
- Ohio State is led in rebounding by Kyle Young's 6.4 rebounds per game and assisting by CJ Walker's 4.2 assists per game .
- The 2.7 three-pointers Washington hits per game are a team-high mark for the Buckeyes.
- E.J. Liddell leads Ohio State in both blocks and steals, averaging 1.3 blocks and 1.1 steals per game.
Penn State Leaders
- The Nittany Lions leader in scoring is Izaiah Brockington with 15.1 points per game. He also adds 4.7 rebounds per game and 1.1 assists per game.
- The Penn State leaders in rebounds and assists are John Harrar (6.6 rebounds per game) and Jamari Wheeler (3.9 assists per game).
- Myles Dread leads the Nittany Lions with a team-high 2.1 made three-pointers per game.
- The Nittany Lions leaders in steals and blocks are Sam Sessoms (1.9 steals per game) and Seth Lundy (1.0 blocks per game).
Ohio State vs Penn State: Last 3 Meetings
Ohio State has won two of its last three matchups against Penn State. Neither team claims an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head games, with the series tied at 1-1 ATS.
Ohio State vs Penn State (Last 3 Games)
- The 76.3 points per game the Buckeyes average are the exact same amount as the Nittany Lions give up (76.3).
- Ohio State is 5-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 76.3 points.
- When Penn State gives up more than 76.3 points, it is 0-2-1 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- The Nittany Lions' 78.4 points per game are 12.2 more points than the 66.2 the Buckeyes allow to opponents.
- When it puts up more than 66.2 points, Penn State is 3-0-1 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- Ohio State's record is 1-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it allows more than 78.4 points to its opponents.
- The Buckeyes have put up a total of 111 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.1 per game), and the Nittany Lions have out-scored opponents by only 15 points on the season (2.1 more per game).
- The Buckeyes and the Nittany Lions are evenly matched on the glass this season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (37.3 and 33.6 boards per game, respectively).
- Ohio State is 4-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Penn State is 1-2-1 when they lose the rebounding battle.
- The Buckeyes and the Nittany Lions are evenly matched on the offensive boards this season, with the teams averaging 11.5 and 11 offensive rebounds per game, respectively.
- The Buckeyes are 3-4 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Nittany Lions are 1-1 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Ohio State records an average rebounding margin of +4.9 rebounds per game, and Penn State averages a margin of -0.8 rebounds.