The New York Jets (0-5) are an underdog by 8.5 points as they aim to halt a five-game skid in a matchup with the Miami Dolphins (2-3) on Sunday, October 18, 2020 at Hard Rock Stadium. The over/under is set at 46.5.
How To Watch
Time: 4:05 PM EST
TV Channel: CBS
Dolphins vs Jets Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Dolphins vs Jets: Last 5 Meetings
Miami has an edge against New York over the last five meetings between these two squads, recording a 4-1 record in those games. In those games against the Jets, the Dolphins have a 2-0 record against the spread. Miami outscored New York 111-86 in those five head-to-head matchups.
Dolphins vs Jets: Last Five Meetings
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- The Dolphins and their opponents have combined to score an average of 52.7 points in their last three games, 6.2 more than the 46.5 over/under in this matchup.
- Miami is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 straight up over the last three contests.
- The over has been familiar to Miami. They have gone over the total three times in their last three outcomes.
- The Jets have averaged a total of 49.3 combined points in their last three games, 2.8 greater than this game's over/under of 46.5.
- New York has struggled to cover recently, going 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 straight up over their last three games.
- The under has been the norm for New York. They have failed to reach the total two times in their last three contests.
- The Dolphins have an average total of 49.8 in their matchups this year, 3.3 more points than this game's over/under.
- Jets contests this season have a 47.2-point average over/under, 0.7 more points than this game's point total.
- Miami's games have gone over 46.5 points three times this season 60% of matchups).
- One of New York's games have gone over 46.5 points this year (20% of matchups).
- These teams score a combined 42.2 points per game, 4.3 fewer points than this matchup's point total.
- These two teams give up a combined 54.8 points per game, 8.3 more points than this matchup's over/under.
Dolphins Betting Insights
- Miami is just 2-3 against the spread.
- Most of Miami's games this year -- five out of five -- have gone over the point total (100%).
- This season, the Jets have forced an average of 1.4 turnovers per game compared to the 1 time Dolphins have turned the football over in each contest.
- In games where they turn the football over 1 time or fewer this season, Miami is 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- New York's record this season when they force more than 1.4 turnovers: 0-2 ATS, 0-2 overall
- Miami is just 0-2 against the spread in home games this year, and is 0-2 overall at home.
Jets Betting Insights
- Three New York's five games this year have gone over the point total (60% of its outings).
- New York has a losing 0-5 record against the spread.
- The Jets have turned the ball over 1 time per game this season, while the Dolphins have averaged 1.6 takeaways per contest.
- When New York turns the football over 1 time or fewer this season, they are 0-3 overall and 0-3 against the spread.
- Miami is 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall this season when they force at least 1.6 turnovers in a game.
- New York's record against the spread in away games this year is just 0-2, and its record on the road overall is 0-2.
Durham Smythe: Questionable (Knee),
Shaq Lawson: Questionable (Shoulder),
Kyle Van Noy: Questionable (Groin)
Breshad Perriman: Questionable (Ankle),
Sam Darnold: Doubtful (Right Shoulder),
Quinnen Williams: Questionable (Hamstring),
Alex Lewis: Questionable (Shoulder),
Bless Austin: Questionable (Calf),
John Franklin-Myers: Questionable (Foot),
Mekhi Becton: Doubtful (Shoulder)
Powered By Data Skrive