The No. 4 Texas Longhorns (9-1) are underdogs (+1.5) as they try to continue a five-game win streak when they visit the No. 14 West Virginia Mountaineers (9-3) at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at WVU Coliseum. The contest airs on ESPN. The point total is set at 141 in the matchup.
West Virginia vs Texas Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for West Virginia and Texas
West Virginia and Texas Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
West Virginia Leaders
- Miles McBride leads the Mountaineers in scoring (15.3 points per game) and assisting (4.2 assists per game).
- West Virginia is led in rebounds by Derek Culver's 10.3 per game.
- Sean McNeil is the top three-point shooter for the Mountaineers, knocking down 1.7 per game.
- McBride leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Culver collects 1.2 blocks a contest to pace West Virginia.
- Matt Coleman III holds the top spot on the Longhorns scoring and assist lists, tallying 13.7 points and 4.6 assists per game.
- Greg Brown III collects all of the boards and is the Texas leader in rebounds, pulling down 7.3 per game.
- Courtney Ramey makes more threes per game than any other member of the Longhorns, cashing in 2.0 treys per game.
- Coleman leads the Mountaineers with 1.8 steals per game and Brown is their top shot blocker with 1.3 blocks per game.
West Virginia vs Texas: Last 4 Meetings
Texas was victorious in three of its last four games with West Virginia. The Mountaineers and the Longhorns have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
West Virginia vs Texas (Last 4 Games)
- The Mountaineers record 12.2 more points per game (75.3) than the Longhorns allow (63.1).
- West Virginia is 6-0 against the spread and 8-3 overall when scoring more than 63.1 points.
- Texas is 0-1 against the spread and 1-0 overall when allowing more than 75.3 points.
- The Longhorns average 6.5 more points per game (76) than the Mountaineers give up to opponents (69.5).
- Texas has compiled a 7-0 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.5 points.
- West Virginia is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 76 points.
- The Mountaineers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 70 points this season (5.8 points per game on average), and the Longhorns have put up 129 more points than their opponents on the year (12.9 per game).
- The Mountaineers and the Longhorns are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 39.3 and 41.1 rebounds per game, respectively.
- When Texas earns the rebounding advantage they are 5-3 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, West Virginia is 0-2.
- The Mountaineers collect 14.2 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Longhorns by 2.5 rebounds per game.
- The Mountaineers are 6-3 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Longhorns are 3-1 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Both teams thrive on the boards. West Virginia records an average rebounding margin of +4.3 rebounds per game. Texas averages a margin of +6.4 rebounds.