The No. 15 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-0) will try to extend a four-game win streak when they host the Penn State Nittany Lions (2-1) on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at Cassell Coliseum as just 2.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPU. The matchup has an over/under of 66.5 points.
Virginia Tech vs Penn State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Virginia Tech and Penn State
Virginia Tech and Penn State Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Justyn Mutts leads the Hokies in both rebounds (7.0 per game) and assists (3.3 per game).
- Virginia Tech is led in scoring by Keve Aluma's 17.8 points per game.
- Hunter Cattoor makes a team-high 1.8 three-pointers per game for the Hokies.
- Wabissa Bede leads the team with 0.8 steals per game. Aluma collects 1.3 blocks a contest to pace the Hokies.
Penn State Leaders
- Seth Lundy owns the Nittany Lions top spot in scoring with 27.5 points per game and also tacks on 5.5 rebounds and 0.5 assists per contest.
- The Penn State leaders in rebounds and assists are John Harrar (8.0 rebounds per game) and Jamari Wheeler (5.0 assists per game).
- Lundy knocks down 3.5 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Nittany Lions.
- Myreon Jones leads the Hokies with 0.8 steals per game and Lundy is their top shot blocker with 1.5 blocks per game.
Virginia Tech vs Penn State: Last Meeting
Virginia Tech vs Penn State (Last 1 Games)
- The Hokies record 74.5 points per contest, just 2.8 fewer points than the 77.3 the Nittany Lions allow their opponents.
- When Virginia Tech totals more than 77.3 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall.
- When Penn State gives up more than 74.5 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Nittany Lions score an average of 83.3 points per game, 20.8 more points than the 62.5 the Hokies give up.
- In games it scores more than 62.5 points, Penn State is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Virginia Tech has a 0-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-0 in games when its opponents score more than 83.3 points.
- The Hokies have totaled 48 more points than their opponents this season (12 per game on average), and the Nittany Lions have scored just 18 more points than their opponents (six per game).
- The Hokies and the Nittany Lions are evenly matched on the glass this season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (36.5 and 38 boards per game, respectively).
- The Nittany Lions are 2-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Hokies are 1-0 when they lose the rebounding advantage
- The Hokies average 9.8 offensive boards per game, -3.5 rebounds fewer than the Nittany Lions.
- The Nittany Lions are 2-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Hokies are 1-0 when they trail in offensive rebounds.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. Virginia Tech records an average rebounding margin of +six rebounds per game. Penn State averages a margin of +three rebounds.