The No. 22 Virginia Cavaliers (5-2) are heavy favorites (-14) as they attempt to extend a three-game home win streak when they take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-1) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at John Paul Jones Arena. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup's over/under is 123.5.
Virginia vs Wake Forest Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Virginia and Wake Forest
Virginia and Wake Forest Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 14+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Sam Hauser leads the Cavaliers in scoring (12.9 points per game) and rebounding (6.4 rebounds per game).
- Kihei Clark paces the squad with 3.4 assists per game.
- The 2.3 three-pointers Trey Murphy III makes per game are a team-high mark for the Cavaliers.
- Reece Beekman leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Jay Huff collects 2.4 blocks a game to pace the Cavaliers.
Wake Forest Leaders
- Isaiah Mucius is at the top of the Demon Deacons scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 11.3 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game this season.
- Ian DuBose puts in work giving out assists and is Wake Forest's assist leader with 4.5 per game.
- Jonah Antonio averages 2.7 made threes per game to pace the Demon Deacons.
- Nobody on Wake Forest grabs more steals than DuBose (2.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Jalen Johnson (0.8 per game).
Virginia vs Wake Forest: Last 2 Meetings
Virginia leads the past two matchups 2-0 over Wake Forest. In those games against the Cavaliers, the Demon Deacons have a 1-0 record against the spread.
Virginia vs Wake Forest (Last 2 Games)
- The 73.3 points per game the Cavaliers put up are 12.5 more points than the Demon Deacons allow (60.8).
- When Virginia scores more than 60.8 points, it is 5-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- Wake Forest is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when allowing more than 73.3 points.
- The Demon Deacons score 15.8 more points per game (76.5) than the Cavaliers allow their opponents to score (60.7).
- Wake Forest has gone 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 60.7 points.
- Virginia is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it gives up more than 76.5 points.
- The Cavaliers have scored a total of 88 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 12.6 per game), and the Demon Deacons have out-scored opponents by 63 points on the season (15.7 more per game).
- The Cavaliers and the Demon Deacons rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 32 and 33.8 boards per game, respectively.
- When Wake Forest earns the rebounding advantage they are 1-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Virginia is 0-1.
- The Cavaliers and the Demon Deacons grab offensive rebounds at nearly the same rate (seven and 7.5 offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- The Demon Deacons are 1-1 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Cavaliers are 0-2 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding has been a pillar for both teams this year. Virginia records an average rebounding margin of +5.6 rebounds per game. Wake Forest averages a margin of +3.3 rebounds.