Trey Wertz leads the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-4) against the No. 23 Virginia Cavaliers (4-2) after putting up 27 points in an 88-78 loss to Purdue. The Cavaliers are 6.5-point favorites in the game on Wednesday, December 30, 2020, which starts at 6:00 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup has an over/under of 125 points.
Virginia vs Notre Dame Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Virginia and Notre Dame
Virginia and Notre Dame Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 6.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Sam Hauser leads the Cavaliers in scoring, racking up 12.8 points per game.
- Kihei Clark leads the team with 3.2 assists a game and Jay Huff paces the squad with 6.2 rebounds per matchup.
- Trey Murphy III paces the Cavaliers with a team-high 2.5 made three-pointers per game.
- Virginia's blocks leader is Huff, who records 2.7 per game. Reece Beekman leads the team averaging 1.3 steals an outing.
Notre Dame Leaders
- Prentiss Hubb's strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Fighting Irish scoring and assists leaderboards with 16.4 points per game and 4.0 assists per game.
- The Fighting Irish leading rebounder is Nate Laszewski with 8.4 per game. He also scores 14.6 points per game.
- The 3.0 three-pointers Hubb knocks down per game are a team-high mark for the Fighting Irish.
- The Fighting Irish leaders in steals and blocks are Hubb (0.9 steals per game) and Juwan Durham (2.1 blocks per game).
Virginia vs Notre Dame: Last 3 Meetings
Virginia has won all three of its games with Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish have covered the spread more often than not against the Cavaliers, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
Virginia vs Notre Dame (Last 3 Games)
- The 74.5 points the Cavaliers record per game are only 3.2 fewer points than the Fighting Irish give up (77.7).
- Virginia has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 record overall when scoring more than 77.7 points.
- Notre Dame has put together a 1-3 record against the spread and a 0-4 record overall in games when it allows more than 74.5 points.
- The Fighting Irish put up 12 more points per game (73.3) than the Cavaliers give up (61.3).
- When it scores more than 61.3 points, Notre Dame is 3-0 against the spread and 2-4 overall.
- Virginia has an ATS record of 0-1 and a 0-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.3 points.
- The Cavaliers have put up a total of 79 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 13.2 per game), while the Fighting Irish have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 26 total points, -4.4 per game).
- The Cavaliers and the Fighting Irish are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 32 and 33.5 rebounds per game, respectively.
- The Fighting Irish are 3-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cavaliers are 0-1 when they lose the battle on the glass
- The Cavaliers and the Fighting Irish collect offensive rebounds at similar rate (7.2 and 8.2 offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- When the Fighting Irish grab the most offensive rebounds they are 0-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Cavaliers are 0-2.
- Virginia records an average rebounding margin of +6.2 rebounds per game, and Notre Dame averages a margin of -3.5 rebounds.