The No. 4 Michigan State Spartans (5-0) will look to continue a five-game winning streak when they hit the road to play the No. 18 Virginia Cavaliers (3-1) on Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at John Paul Jones Arena as only 1.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 9:15 PM ET on ESPN. The point total in the matchup is 128.
Virginia vs Michigan State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Virginia and Michigan State
Virginia and Michigan State Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Sam Hauser leads the Cavaliers in points and rebounds. He scores 16.0 points per game while tacking on 7.0 rebounds.
- The team is led in assists by Kihei Clark's 3.0 per game.
- Trey Murphy III connects on 2.7 threes per game to lead the Cavaliers.
- The Cavaliers steals leader is Reece Beekman, who collects 2.3 per game. Jay Huff leads the team averaging 2.7 blocks a contest.
Michigan State Leaders
- Joey Hauser is at the top of the Spartans scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 14.0 points per game and 10.0 rebounds per game this season.
- Aaron Henry is the Spartans go-to assist guy, averaging 5.2 per game.
- The 2.0 three-pointers Gabe Brown knocks down per game are a team-high mark for the Spartans.
- Nobody on Michigan State grabs more steals than Henry (1.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Marcus Bingham Jr. (2.4 per game).
- The Cavaliers score 5.4 more points per game (74) than the Spartans allow (68.6).
- Virginia is 3-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread when scoring more than 68.6 points.
- Michigan State is 1-0 overall and 0-1 against the spread when allowing more than 74 points.
- The Spartans average 22.5 more points per game (80) than the Cavaliers allow their opponents to score (57.5).
- Michigan State has put together a 5-0 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 57.5 points.
- Virginia has a 0-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-0 in games when its opponents score more than 80 points.
- The Cavaliers have scored a total of 66 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 16.5 per game), and the Spartans have out-scored opponents by 57 points on the season (11.4 more per game).
- The Cavaliers average 35 rebounds per game, -6.4 boards per contest fewer than the Spartans.
- The Spartans are 4-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cavaliers are 0-0 when they lose the rebounding battle
- The Cavaliers average 6.8 offensive rebounds per game, -3.8 rebounds less than the Spartans.
- When the Spartans grab the most offensive rebounds they are 2-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Cavaliers are 0-1.
- Both teams thrive on the boards. Virginia records an average rebounding margin of +6.8 rebounds per game. Michigan State averages a margin of +6.8 rebounds.