The Boston College Eagles (2-8) are expected to continue a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 22 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2) as 8.5-point underdogs at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Silvio Conte Forum. The contest airs on ACCN. The matchup has a point total of 131.
Virginia vs Boston College Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Virginia and Boston College
Virginia and Boston College Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The Cavaliers points and rebounds leader is Sam Hauser. He puts up 13.3 points per game and pulls down 7.0 rebounds.
- The squad is led in assists by Kihei Clark's 3.4 per game.
- Trey Murphy III connects on 2.4 threes per game to lead the Cavaliers.
- The Cavaliers steals leader is Reece Beekman, who collects 1.8 per game. Jay Huff leads the team averaging 2.3 blocks a contest.
Boston College Leaders
- Wynston Tabbs outpaced his teammates on the Eagles scoring front by putting up 14.6 points per game. He adds 3.0 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game this season.
- Steffon Mitchell's 6.5 rebounds per game and Makai Ashton-Langford's 2.7 assists per game put them in the top spots on the Eagles rebounds and assists leaderboards.
- Tabbs connects on 2.4 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Eagles.
- Boston College's Ashton-Langford has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.8 per game and CJ Felder is first in blocks with 1.7 per game.
Virginia vs Boston College: Last 3 Meetings
Virginia has taken two of its last three matchups with Boston College. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head meetings, with the series tied at 1-1 ATS.
Virginia vs Boston College (Last 3 Games)
- The Cavaliers score 8.4 fewer points per game (72.9) than the Eagles give up (81.3).
- Virginia is 1-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall when scoring more than 81.3 points.
- Boston College has a 2-4-1 record against the spread and a 0-8 record overall when giving up more than 72.9 points.
- The Eagles average 13.4 more points per game (74.2) than the Cavaliers give up to opponents (60.8).
- In games it puts up more than 60.8 points, Boston College is 4-0-1 against the spread and 2-8 overall.
- Virginia has an ATS record of 0-1 and a 0-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 74.2 points.
- The Cavaliers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 97 points this season (12.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Eagles have out-scored them by 71 more points on the year (7.1 per game).
- The Cavaliers and the Eagles are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 31.2 and 31 rebounds per game, respectively.
- When Virginia earns the rebounding advantage they are 4-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Boston College is 3-4.
- The Cavaliers average 6.6 offensive rebounds per game, -1.8 rebounds less than the Eagles.
- The Eagles are 1-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cavaliers are 0-2 when they trail in offensive rebounds.
- Virginia records an average rebounding margin of +4.8 rebounds per game, and Boston College averages a margin of -4.8 rebounds.