The Boston College Eagles (2-8) are 7.5-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 22 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Silvio Conte Forum. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup has a point total of 132.
Virginia vs Boston College Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Virginia and Boston College
Virginia and Boston College Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 7.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The Cavaliers points and rebounds leader is Sam Hauser. He contributes 13.3 points per game and grabs 7.0 rebounds.
- The squad is led in assists by Kihei Clark's 3.4 per game.
- Trey Murphy III connects on 2.4 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Cavaliers.
- Virginia's blocks leader is Jay Huff, who averages 2.3 per game. Reece Beekman leads the team averaging 1.8 steals a game.
Boston College Leaders
- The Eagles leader in scoring is Wynston Tabbs with 14.6 points per game. He also adds 3.0 rebounds per game and 1.6 assists per game.
- The Boston College leaders in rebounds and assists are Steffon Mitchell (6.5 rebounds per game) and Makai Ashton-Langford (2.7 assists per game).
- Tabbs averages 2.4 made threes per game to lead the Eagles.
- The Eagles leaders in steals and blocks are Ashton-Langford (1.8 steals per game) and CJ Felder (1.7 blocks per game).
Virginia vs Boston College: Last 3 Meetings
The Cavaliers are 2-1 against the Eagles in the last three meetings between the two teams. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head meetings, with the season series tied at 1-1 ATS.
Virginia vs Boston College (Last 3 Games)
- The Cavaliers put up 72.9 points per game, 8.4 fewer points than the 81.3 the Eagles give up.
- When Virginia scores more than 81.3 points, it is 1-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Boston College is 2-4-1 against the spread and 0-8 overall when giving up more than 72.9 points.
- The Eagles score 13.4 more points per game (74.2) than the Cavaliers give up to opponents (60.8).
- Boston College has gone 2-8 overall and 4-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 60.8 points.
- Virginia has an ATS record of 0-1 and a 0-1 record overall when its opponents score more than 74.2 points.
- The Cavaliers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 97 points this season (12.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Eagles have out-scored them by 71 more points on the year (7.1 per game).
- The Cavaliers and the Eagles are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 31.2 and 31 rebounds per game, respectively.
- When Virginia earns the rebounding advantage they are 4-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Boston College is 3-4.
- The Cavaliers average 6.6 offensive boards per game, -1.8 rebounds fewer than the Eagles.
- When the Eagles grab the most offensive rebounds they are 1-2 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Cavaliers are 0-2.
- The Cavaliers find nightly success on the boards with an average rebounding margin of +4.8 rebounds per game, and the Eagles struggle in comparison, averaging a margin of -4.8.