The No. 5 Villanova Wildcats (7-1) are favored (-5) to extend a five-game win streak when they visit the Marquette Golden Eagles (5-4) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at Fiserv Forum. The game airs on FS1. The matchup has an over/under of 141.
Villanova vs Marquette Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Villanova and Marquette
Villanova and Marquette Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl leads the Wildcats in points and rebounds. He puts up 16.6 points per game while tacking on 7.6 rebounds.
- Villanova's assists leader is Collin Gillespie, who averages 4.3 assists per game.
- The 2.4 three-pointers Caleb Daniels knocks down per game are a team-high mark for the Wildcats.
- Gillespie leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Robinson-Earl collects 0.6 blocks a game to pace Villanova.
- Koby McEwen outpaced his teammates on the Golden Eagles scoring front by putting up 15.2 points per game. He adds 3.8 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game this season.
- The Golden Eagles leaders in rebounds and assists are Theo John (6.7 rebounds per game) and D.J. Carton (3.4 assists per game).
- The Golden Eagles are paced by McEwen from long distance -- he hits 2.2 shots from deep per game.
- The Golden Eagles leaders in steals and blocks are Carton (1.4 steals per game) and John (2.0 blocks per game).
Villanova vs Marquette: Last 4 Meetings
Villanova and Marquette have split their last four games 2-2. The Golden Eagles have a 2-0 record against the spread in those contests with the Wildcats.
Villanova vs Marquette (Last 4 Games)
- The Wildcats put up 10.2 more points per game (79.5) than the Golden Eagles allow (69.3).
- Villanova is 6-1 overall and 4-0 against the spread when scoring more than 69.3 points.
- In games when Marquette allows more than 79.5 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Golden Eagles score 9.1 more points per game (76.1) than the Wildcats allow (67).
- Marquette has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-1 overall record in games it scores more than 67 points.
- Villanova is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 76.1 points.
- The Wildcats have put up a total of 100 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 12.5 per game), and the Golden Eagles have out-scored opponents by 61 points on the season (6.8 more per game).
- The Wildcats and the Golden Eagles are evenly matched on the glass this season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (35.9 and 39.6 boards per game, respectively).
- When Marquette earns the rebounding advantage they are 4-3 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Villanova is 1-1.
- The Wildcats average 9.6 offensive boards per game, -1.7 rebounds fewer than the Golden Eagles.
- When the Golden Eagles grab the most offensive rebounds they are 1-3 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Wildcats are 0-1.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. The Wildcats record an average rebounding margin of +4.7 rebounds per game, and the Golden Eagles average a margin of +7.6 rebounds.