The No. 7 Villanova Wildcats (5-1) are 7-point favorites as they look to extend a three-game winning streak when they host the Butler Bulldogs (1-0) on Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at Finneran Pavilion. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS1. The over/under for the matchup is set at 61.5.
Villanova vs Butler Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Collin Gillespie leads the Wildcats in points and assists. He contributes 15.2 points per game while also adding 4.5 assists.
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl paces Villanova with 8.2 rebounds per game.
- The Wildcats are led by Gillespie from beyond the arc. He hits 2.5 shots from deep per game.
- Villanova's steals leader is Gillespie, who grabs 1.5 per game. Robinson-Earl leads the team averaging 0.7 blocks a contest.
- Bo Hodges racked up 12.7 points per game last season.
- Aaron Thompson dished out 4.7 assists per game and Bryce Nze grabbed 6.6 rebounds per matchup.
- Jair Bolden had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He made 1.6 shots from deep per game.
- Hodges averaged 1.4 steals and 0.8 blocks per game.
Villanova vs Butler: Last 2 Meetings
The Wildcats and the Bulldogs have split their last two matchups 1-1. The Wildcats and the Bulldogs have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Villanova vs Butler (Last 2 Games)
- Last year, the Wildcats averaged 11.1 more points per game (73.2) than the Bulldogs allowed (62.1).
- Villanova went 10-0-1 against the spread and 22-3 overall last season when scoring more than 62.1 points.
- When Butler gave up more than 73.2 points last season, it went 2-6 against the spread and 2-6 overall.
- The Bulldogs' 68.5 points per game last year were only 2.1 more points than the 66.4 the Wildcats allowed.
- Butler went 13-0 against the spread and 16-2 overall when it scored more than 66.4 points last season.
- Villanova finished 2-12 against the spread and 10-6 overall when it gave up more than 68.5 points last season.
- The Wildcats totaled 211 more points than their opponents last season (6.8 per game on average), and the Bulldogs scored 199 more points than their opponents (6.4 per game).
- The Wildcats and the Bulldogs hauled in rebounds at nearly the same clip last season (32.7 and 32.2 boards per game, respectively).
- When Villanova earned the rebounding advantage they were 8-9-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Butler was 2-5.
- The Wildcats and the Bulldogs were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (7.4 and 7.8 offensive boards per game, respectively).
- The Bulldogs were 3-7-1 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Wildcats were 2-4 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Both teams thrived on the boards last season. Villanova recorded an average rebounding margin of +2.3 rebounds per game. Butler averaged a margin of +4.1 rebounds.