A game after he scored 31 points in a 93-68 win over Western Carolina, Nah'Shon Hyland leads the VCU Rams (6-2) at home against the Rhode Island Rams (4-5) as 6-point favorites. The matchup, which starts at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021, airs on CBS Sports. The over/under in the matchup is set at 139.
VCU vs Rhode Island Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for VCU and Rhode Island
VCU and Rhode Island Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The VCU Rams scoring leader is Hyland, who contributes 17.6 points per game.
- Adrian Baldwin Jr. leads the team with 4.9 assists per game and Vince Williams paces the squad with 5.2 rebounds per contest.
- Hyland paces the VCU Rams with a team-high 2.9 made three-pointers per game.
- VCU's steals leader is Baldwin, who averages 2.0 per game. Hason Ward leads the team averaging 1.8 blocks an outing.
Rhode Island Leaders
- Fatts Russell's excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Rhode Island Rams scoring and assists leaderboards with 14.7 points per game and 4.2 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Antwan Walker is the Rhode Island leader with 7.4 rebounds per game.
- The Rhode Island Rams are paced by Jeremy Sheppard from beyond the arc -- he knocks down 1.5 shots from deep per game.
- Russell is at the top of Rhode Island's steals hierarchy with 2.3 steals per game and Makhel Mitchell leads the squad in blocks with 1.4 per game.
VCU vs Rhode Island: Last 4 Meetings
The Rhode Island Rams have a 3-1 record in the last four games with the VCU Rams. The Rhode Island Rams have a 2-0 record against the spread in those contests with the VCU Rams.
VCU vs Rhode Island (Last 4 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
VCU has combined with its opponents to score over Saturday's total, 139, in 62.5% of its eight games this season.
2020-21 Rhode Island games have gone over Saturday's total on five of nine occasions (55.6%).
Saturday's over/under is 11.9 points lower than the two team's combined 150.9 points per game average.
This contest's over/under is 4.2 points above the 134.8 these two squads combine to surrender per game this season.
VCU Rams games this season feature an average total of 139.5 points, a number 0.5 points higher than Saturday's over/under.
In 2020-21, games involving the Rhode Island Rams have averaged a total of 146.2 points, 7.2 more than the set over/under in this contest.