A game after he put up 23 points in an 88-55 loss to Houston, Troymain Crosby leads the Alcorn State Braves (0-2) on the road against the Vanderbilt Commodores (3-2) as 23-point underdogs. The matchup, which tips at 4:00 PM ET on Sunday, December 27, 2020, airs on SECN. The matchup has a point total of 146.
Vanderbilt vs Alcorn State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Scotty Pippen Jr. leads the Commodores in points and assists. He scores 22.0 points per game while adding 4.4 assists.
- The squad is led in rebounds by Dylan Disu's 9.4 per game.
- Pippen connects on 2.4 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Commodores.
- Vanderbilt's steals leader is Pippen, who averages 1.6 per game. Disu leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks an outing.
Alcorn State Leaders
- Crosby averaged 13.8 points per game last season and added 1.9 assists.
- Kobe Wilson pulled down 6.0 rebounds per game.
- Jacoby Ross showed out from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 1.0 three per game.
- Crosby averaged 1.2 steals per game. Wilson collected 1.2 blocks a contest.
Vanderbilt vs Alcorn State: Last Meeting
Vanderbilt vs Alcorn State (Last 1 Games)
- Last year, the Commodores averaged just 1.5 fewer points per game (71.7) than the Braves gave up (73.2).
- Vanderbilt finished 9-0-1 against the spread and 10-4 overall last season when it scored more than 73.2 points.
- Alcorn State went 6-4 against the spread and 5-10 overall last season when giving up more than 71.7 points.
- The Braves scored the same as the Commodores gave up (75).
- Alcorn State went 6-0 against the spread and 12-1 overall when it scored more than 75 points last season.
- Vanderbilt's record was 5-7 against the spread and 3-13 overall when it let its opponents to score more than 75 points last season.
- The Commodores had a negative point differential last season (-104 total points, -3.3 per game), while the Braves scored 55 more points than their opponents (1.8 per game).
- The Commodores averaged 29.7 rebounds per game, -5.4 boards per contest fewer than the Braves.
- The Braves were 7-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Commodores were 6-10-1 when they lost the rebounding advantage
- The Commodores averaged 7.6 offensive rebounds per game, -2.4 rebounds less than the Braves.
- When the Braves grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 4-4 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Commodores were 7-8.
- Vanderbilt recorded an average rebounding margin of -3.4 rebounds per game, and Alcorn State averaged a margin of +2.1 rebounds.