The Rice Owls (7-2) are just 1.5-point underdogs as they try to extend a three-game home winning streak when they square off against the UTSA Roadrunners (4-4) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at Tudor Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 3:00 PM ET on ESP+. The matchup's over/under is 156.
UTSA vs Rice Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for UTSA and Rice
UTSA and Rice Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 1.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The Roadrunners scoring leader is Jhivvan Jackson, who puts up 17.1 points per game.
- UTSA is led in rebounding by Jacob Germany's 6.1 rebounds per game and assisting by Keaton Wallace's 3.6 assists per game .
- The Roadrunners are paced by Wallace from long distance -- he knocks down 2.0 shots from deep per game.
- UTSA's blocks leader is Germany, who averages 0.9 per game. Eric Parrish leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a contest.
- Max Fiedler grabs 10.0 rebounds per game, 3.9 assists per game, and 10.1 points per game, putting him in the top spot on the Owls in both rebounds and assists.
- Quincy Olivari's 18.3-point per game average puts him at the top of the Owls scoring leaderboard.
- Olivari knocks down 3.6 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Owls.
- Travis Evee leads the Roadrunners with 1.4 steals per game and Fiedler is their top shot blocker with 0.7 blocks per game.
UTSA vs Rice: Last 3 Meetings
The Roadrunners are 2-1 against the Owls in the last three meetings between the two teams. The Owls have beat the spread more often than not against the Roadrunners, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
UTSA vs Rice (Last 3 Games)
- The 81.9 points per game the Roadrunners average are 11.2 more points than the Owls give up (70.7).
- When UTSA scores more than 70.7 points, it is 1-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- Rice is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when allowing more than 81.9 points.
- The Owls' 82.1 points per game are just 4.2 more points than the 77.9 the Roadrunners allow to opponents.
- Rice has put together a 5-0 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 77.9 points.
- UTSA is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 82.1 points.
- The Roadrunners have totaled 32 more points than their opponents this season (four per game on average), and the Owls have scored 103 more points than their opponents (11.4 per game).
- The Roadrunners and the Owls rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 38 and 41 boards per game, respectively.
- The Owls are 3-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Roadrunners are 0-2 when they lose the battle on the glass
- The Roadrunners average 13 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Owls by 1.6 rebounds per contest.
- The Roadrunners are 0-3 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Owls are 1-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams thrive on the boards. UTSA records an average rebounding margin of +5.6 rebounds per game. Rice averages a margin of +5.7 rebounds.