The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-3) are 5.5-point underdogs as they look to continue a four-game win streak when they host the UTEP Miners (4-3) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at Reed Green Coliseum. The matchup airs at 5:00 PM ET on ESP+. The matchup has an over/under of 127.
UTEP vs Southern Miss Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for UTEP and Southern Miss
UTEP and Southern Miss Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The Miners scoring leader is Souley Boum, who averages 19.7 points per game.
- Jamal Bieniemy leads UTEP with 5.3 assists per game and Bryson Williams paces the squad with 8.9 rebounds per matchup.
- Boum leads the Miners with a team-high 2.7 made three-pointers per game.
- UTEP's blocks leader is Tydus Verhoeven, who averages 0.9 per game. Boum leads the team averaging 1.9 steals an outing.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson leads the team in both scoring (12.0 points per game) and rebounding (8.0 rebounds per game).
- Tae Hardy puts in work giving out assists and is Southern Miss' assist leader with 3.5 per game.
- LaDavius Draine connects on 2.6 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Golden Eagles.
- The Golden Eagles leaders in steals and blocks are Hardy (1.8 steals per game) and Tyler Morman (0.3 blocks per game).
UTEP vs Southern Miss: Last 4 Meetings
UTEP and Southern Miss have a tied 2-2 record in their last four head-to-head matchups. In those games against the Golden Eagles, the Miners have a 2-1 record against the spread.
UTEP vs Southern Miss (Last 4 Games)
- The 75.3 points per game the Miners record are 14.9 more points than the Golden Eagles allow (60.4).
- When UTEP scores more than 60.4 points, it is 4-3 overall and 1-0-1 against the spread.
- Southern Miss is 0-1 overall and 1-0 against the spread when giving up more than 75.3 points.
- The Golden Eagles' 64.8 points per game are only 4.3 fewer points than the 69.1 the Miners give up.
- Southern Miss has put together a 2-0 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record in games it scores more than 69.1 points.
- UTEP's record is 0-2-1 against the spread and 2-3 overall when it allows more than 64.8 points.
- The Miners have totaled 43 more points than their opponents this season (6.2 per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have scored 35 more points than their opponents (4.4 per game).
- The Miners average 38.7 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Golden Eagles by 5.5 boards per contest.
- The Miners are 1-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Golden Eagles are 0-1 when they lose the battle on the glass.
- The Miners average 9.6 offensive boards per game, -1 rebounds fewer than the Golden Eagles.
- The Golden Eagles are 3-2 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Miners are 0-0-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. UTEP records an average rebounding margin of +1.8 rebounds per game. Southern Miss averages a margin of +5.1 rebounds.