The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (4-3) will attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the UTEP Miners (4-2) on Friday, January 1, 2021 at Reed Green Coliseum as 5.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESP+. The matchup has an over/under set at 127 points.
UTEP vs Southern Miss Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for UTEP and Southern Miss
UTEP and Southern Miss Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 5.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Souley Boum leads the Miners in scoring, averaging 19.8 points per game.
- UTEP is led in rebounding by Bryson Williams' 8.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Jamal Bieniemy's 5.0 assists per game .
- Boum leads the Miners with a team-high 2.8 made three-pointers per game.
- Bieniemy leads the team with 2.0 steals per game. Tydus Verhoeven collects 1.0 block an outing to pace UTEP.
Southern Miss Leaders
- The Golden Eagles leader in scoring is LaDavius Draine with 12.0 points per game. He also adds 4.6 rebounds per game and 2.0 assists per game.
- When it comes to Southern Miss leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Tyler Stevenson with 7.7 rebounds per game and Tae Hardy with 3.9 assists per game.
- Draine makes more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Eagles, cashing in 3.0 treys per game.
- The Golden Eagles leaders in steals and blocks are Hardy (1.7 steals per game) and Tyler Morman (0.3 blocks per game).
UTEP vs Southern Miss: Last 3 Meetings
UTEP leads the past three matchups 2-1 over Southern Miss. In those matchups with the Golden Eagles, the Miners have a 2-0 record against the spread.
UTEP vs Southern Miss (Last 3 Games)
- The Miners average 76.8 points per game, 17.2 more points than the 59.6 the Golden Eagles allow.
- UTEP has a 1-0-1 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall when putting up more than 59.6 points.
- Southern Miss is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread in games when it allows more than 76.8 points.
- The Golden Eagles' 63.4 points per game are only 4.9 fewer points than the 68.3 the Miners give up to opponents.
- Southern Miss has compiled a 2-1 overall record and a 1-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 68.3 points.
- UTEP has a 2-2 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1-1 in games when its opponents score more than 63.4 points.
- The Miners have totaled 51 more points than their opponents this season (8.5 per game on average), and the Golden Eagles have scored 27 more points than their opponents (3.8 per game).
- The Miners average 39.2 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Golden Eagles by 6.9 boards per contest.
- When UTEP earns the rebounding advantage they are 1-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Southern Miss is 0-1.
- The Miners average 9.3 offensive boards per game, -1.7 rebounds fewer than the Golden Eagles.
- When the Golden Eagles grab the most offensive rebounds they are 3-2 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Miners are 0-0-1.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. UTEP records an average rebounding margin of +2.9 rebounds per game. Southern Miss averages a margin of +5.3 rebounds.