The Rice Owls (8-2) will look to continue a three-game win streak when they visit the UTEP Miners (5-3) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at Don Haskins Center as 8-point underdogs. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 143 points.
UTEP vs Rice Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for UTEP and Rice
UTEP and Rice Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 8+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Souley Boum leads the Miners in scoring, putting up 19.4 points per game.
- The team is led in rebounding by Bryson Williams' 8.1 rebounds per game and assisting by Jamal Bieniemy's 5.6 assists per game .
- Boum paces the Miners with a team-high 2.8 made three-pointers per game.
- UTEP's steals leader is Boum, who collects 1.9 per game. Tydus Verhoeven leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks a game.
- Max Fiedler is number one on the Owls leaderboard in both rebounds (9.4 per game) and assists (3.9 per game).
- Quincy Olivari's 18.0-point per game average puts him at the top of the Owls scoring leaderboard.
- Olivari leads the Owls in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.5 made threes per game.
- Rice's Travis Evee has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.4 per game and Fiedler is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.
UTEP vs Rice: Last 5 Meetings
The Miners have a 4-1 record in the last five games against the Owls. The Miners have a 3-0 record against the spread in those games against the Owls.
UTEP vs Rice (Last 5 Games)
- The Miners score five more points per game (75.5) than the Owls allow (70.5).
- When UTEP puts up more than 70.5 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- In games Rice allows more than 75.5 points, it is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Owls score 14.1 more points per game (82.3) than the Miners allow (68.2).
- When it scores more than 68.2 points, Rice is 5-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- UTEP has a 0-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-0 in games when its opponents put up more than 82.3 points.
- The Miners have out-scored their opponents by a total of 58 points this season (7.3 points per game on average), and the Owls have put up 118 more points than their opponents on the year (11.8 per game).
- The Miners and the Owls are evenly matched on the glass this season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (36 and 40.2 boards per game, respectively).
- When Rice earns the rebounding advantage they are 3-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, UTEP is 1-2.
- The Miners average 8.8 offensive rebounds per game, -2.1 rebounds less than the Owls.
- The Owls are 4-1 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Miners are 1-0-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- UTEP is lackluster on the glass with an average rebounding margin of -0.2 rebounds per game, however Rice helps itself, averaging a margin of five.