A-10 foes meet when the UMass Minutemen (1-1) visit the La Salle Explorers (2-3) at Tom Gola Arena, starting at 12:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 16, 2020. The Explorers are 2-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 66.5.
UMass vs La Salle Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Tre Mitchell scored 17.7 points per game last season, while grabbing 7.2 rebounds per game and averaging 1.9 assists per game.
- Carl Pierre was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 2.4 per game.
- Mitchell averaged 1.0 steal and 1.0 block per game.
La Salle Leaders
- Jack Clark is at the top of the Explorers scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 9.4 points per game and 8.0 rebounds per game this season.
- Ayinde Hikim holds the title of La Salle assist leader, dishing out 3.0 assists per game this season.
- The Explorers are led by Scott Spencer from beyond the arc -- he connects on 1.6 shots from deep per game.
- Nobody on La Salle grabs more steals than Jhamir Brickus (2.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Clifton Moore (2.8 per game).
UMass vs La Salle: Last 4 Meetings
UMass and La Salle have a tied 2-2 record in their last four head-to-head matchups. In those matchups with the Explorers, the Minutemen have a 2-0 record against the spread.
UMass vs La Salle (Last 4 Games)
- Last year, the 68.5 points per game the Minutemen recorded were just 1.4 fewer points than the Explorers allowed (69.9).
- When UMass totaled more than 69.9 points last season, it put together a record of 11-0 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
- La Salle had a 6-9 record against the spread and a 3-14 record overall last season when allowing more than 68.5 points.
- The Explorers scored just 3.2 fewer points per game last year (68) than the Minutemen allowed their opponents to score (71.2).
- When it scored more than 71.2 points last season, La Salle went 9-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- UMass went 9-8 against the spread and 4-15 overall when it allowed more than 68 points last season.
- The Minutemen had a negative point differential on the season (-83 total points, -2.7 per game), as did the Explorers (-58 total points, -1.9 per game).
- The Minutemen and the Explorers hauled in rebounds at approximately the same rate last season (29.7 and 32.1 boards per game, respectively).
- The Explorers were 9-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Minutemen were 13-7 when they lost the rebounding advantage
- The Minutemen averaged 7.8 offensive boards per game, -1.0 rebounds fewer than the Explorers.
- When the Explorers grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 6-5 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Minutemen were 9-7.
- Rebounding was a sore spot for both squads last year. UMass recorded an average rebounding margin of -3.8 rebounds per game, and La Salle averaged a margin of -0.1 rebounds.