The No. 10 Houston Cougars (3-0) will look to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the South Carolina Gamecocks (1-1) on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at Fertitta Center as 5-point favorites. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESP+. The over/under in the matchup is set at 65.5.
Houston vs South Carolina Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Cougars rebounds and assists leader is Dejon Jarreau. He averages 7.3 rebounds and contributes 2.3 assists per game.
- Marcus Sasser paces the team with 17.3 points per game.
- Sasser averages 4.0 made threes per game to pace the Cougars.
- Jarreau leads the team with 2.3 steals per game. Jamal Shead collects 2.0 blocks a game to pace the Cougars.
South Carolina Leaders
- A.J. Lawson contributed 13.4 points per game last season.
- Jermaine Couisnard collected 3.2 assists a game and Justin Minaya grabbed 6.0 rebounds per contest.
- Lawson connected on 1.8 threes per game a season ago.
- Trae Hannibal collected 1.2 steals per game. Minaya averaged 0.9 blocks an outing.
Houston vs South Carolina: Last Meeting
Houston vs South Carolina (Last 1 Games)
- Last year, the Cougars recorded just 2.8 more points per game (72.3) than the Gamecocks allowed (69.5).
- Houston had a 12-0 record against the spread and a 15-3 record overall last season when putting up more than 69.5 points.
- South Carolina had a 5-8 record against the spread and went 4-10 overall last season when giving up more than 72.3 points.
- The Gamecocks' 73.4 points per game last year were 11.3 more points than the 62.1 the Cougars gave up to opponents.
- South Carolina put together a 14-0 ATS record and an 18-9 overall record last season in games it scored more than 62.1 points.
- Houston had a 2-2 record overall and an ATS record of 1-2 last season when its opponents scored more than 73.4 points.
- The Cougars totaled 315 more points than their opponents last season (10.2 per game on average), and the Gamecocks scored 119 more points than their opponents (3.9 per game).
- The Cougars and the Gamecocks grabbed rebounds at approximately the same clip last season (38.6 and 33.7 boards per game, respectively).
- When Houston earned the rebounding advantage they were 14-14 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, South Carolina was 6-5.
- The Cougars grabbed 13 offensive rebounds per game, more than the Gamecocks by three rebounds per game last season.
- When the Cougars grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 13-13 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Gamecocks were 5-4.
- Both teams tended to win the rebounding battle last year. The Cougars recorded an average rebounding margin of +11.3 rebounds per game, and the Gamecocks averaged a margin of +1.1 rebounds.