A game after he scored 40 points in a 76-74 loss to Creighton, James Bouknight leads the UConn Huskies (3-1) at home against the DePaul Blue Demons (1-1) as 8.5-point favorites. The matchup, which tips off at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 30, 2020, airs on CBSS. The matchup has an over/under of 142.5.
UConn vs DePaul Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Huskies scoring leader is Bouknight, who averages 24.0 points per game.
- Tyrese Martin paces UConn with 9.0 rebounds per game and R.J. Cole leads the squad with 3.3 assists per outing.
- The Huskies are paced by Bouknight from beyond the arc -- he hits 2.8 shots from downtown per game.
- The Huskies steals leader is Cole, who grabs 1.8 per game. Isaiah Whaley leads the team averaging 3.0 blocks a game.
- Javon Freeman-Liberty scored 19.0 points per game last season.
- Charlie Moore dished out 6.1 assists per game and Pauly Paulicap pulled down 6.6 rebounds per contest.
- Moore had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago, connecting on 1.7 shots from downtown per game.
- Freeman-Liberty averaged 2.2 steals per game. Paulicap collected 1.8 blocks a game.
- Last season, the Huskies recorded 72.8 points per contest, just 1.7 more points than the 71.1 the Blue Demons allowed their opponents.
- UConn went 12-0-1 against the spread and 13-6 overall last season when scoring more than 71.1 points.
- DePaul went 4-9 against the spread and 3-12 overall last season when giving up more than 72.8 points.
- The Blue Demons scored an average of 70.7 points per game last year, just 3.7 more points than the 67 the Huskies gave up.
- DePaul put together an 11-0 ATS record and a 15-8 overall record last season in games it scored more than 67 points.
- UConn's record was 3-6-1 against the spread and 4-7 overall when it allowed more than 70.7 points last season.
- The Huskies scored a total of 180 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 5.8 per game), while the Blue Demons were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 12 total points, -0.4 per game).
- The Huskies and the Blue Demons rebounded at around the same rate, averaging 34.3 and 34.1 boards per game last season, respectively.
- The Huskies were 11-7-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Blue Demons were 5-8 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Huskies averaged 10.9 offensive boards per game, more than the Blue Demons by one rebound per contest last season.
- When the Huskies grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 12-6-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Blue Demons were 5-6.
- Both teams tended to win the rebounding battle last season. UConn recorded an average rebounding margin of +3.1 rebounds per game, and DePaul averaged a margin of +1.3 rebounds.