Shaun Doss leads the Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (2-8) into a matchup with the Alabama State Hornets (0-1) after putting up 23 points in a 92-52 win over Mississippi Valley State. The Golden Lions are 5.5-point favorites in the game on Saturday, January 9, 2021, which tips at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 129.5 points.
UAPB vs Alabama State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Golden Lions points and rebounds leader is Doss. He scores 17.4 points per game and adds 6.5 rebounds.
- Joshuwan Johnson paces the squad with 2.9 assists per game.
- Doss makes a team-high 1.6 three-pointers per game for the Golden Lions.
- UAPB's blocks leader is Terrance Banyard, who averages 1.2 per game. Nicholas Jones leads the team averaging 1.3 steals a contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle put up 6.8 points per game last season.
- DJ Heath dished out 2.3 assists per game and Tyrese Robinson grabbed 4.4 rebounds per contest.
- Kevion Stewart was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 0.6 per game.
- Heath averaged 0.7 steals per game. Robinson collected 0.6 blocks a contest.
UAPB vs Alabama State: Last 4 Meetings
The Golden Lions have a 3-1 record in the last four games against the Hornets. The Golden Lions and the Hornets have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
UAPB vs Alabama State (Last 4 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
In UAPB games last season, the total went over Saturday's over/under 10 times (33.3%).
In 18 of 32 (56.2%) Alabama State games last season, the total points scored elevated above Saturday's 129.5 over/under.
The two teams combined to score 115.2 points per game last season, 14.3 less than the over/under in this contest.
The 139.3 points per game these two squads allowed their opponents to score last season are 9.8 more than the 129.5 total in this contest.
The average total from Golden Lions games last season was 122.1, 7.4 points fewer than Saturday's total of 129.5 .
The 129.5-point total for this game is 2.9 points below the 132.4 points per game average total from Hornets games last season.