C-USA foes meet when the UAB Blazers (8-1) host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-5) at Bartow Arena, tipping off at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The Blazers are 13-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 130.5.
UAB vs Southern Miss Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for UAB and Southern Miss
UAB and Southern Miss Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 13+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Michael Ertel leads the Blazers scoring 14.7 points per game.
- The team is led in rebounding by Trey Jemison's 8.2 rebounds per game and assisting by Tyreek Scott-Grayson's 1.9 assists per game .
- Jalen Benjamin paces the Blazers with a team-high 2.7 made three-pointers per game.
- Quan Jackson leads the team with 3.3 steals per game. Jemison collects 2.8 blocks an outing to pace UAB.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson holds the top Golden Eagles spot in two categories: scoring (12.1 points per game) and rebounding (7.1 rebounds per game).
- The Golden Eagles assist leader is Tae Hardy with 3.1 assists per game.
- LaDavius Draine knocks down a team-high 2.3 three-pointers per game for the Golden Eagles.
- Nobody on Southern Miss grabs more steals than Hardy (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than DeAndre Pinckney (0.5 per game).
UAB vs Southern Miss: Last 4 Meetings
The Blazers and the Golden Eagles have split their last four matchups 2-2. The Golden Eagles have a 2-0 record against the spread in those contests with the Blazers.
UAB vs Southern Miss (Last 4 Games)
- The Blazers score 79.2 points per game, 16 more points than the 63.2 the Golden Eagles allow.
- UAB is 7-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 63.2 points.
- Southern Miss is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when allowing more than 79.2 points.
- The Golden Eagles score an average of 64 points per game, 7.1 more points than the 56.9 the Blazers allow.
- Southern Miss has compiled a 5-3 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 56.9 points.
- UAB's record is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it allows more than 64 points.
- The Blazers have scored a total of 201 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 22.3 per game), and the Golden Eagles have out-scored opponents by only eight points on the season (0.8 more per game).
- The Blazers average 39.3 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Golden Eagles by 6.8 boards per contest.
- UAB is 5-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Southern Miss is 0-2 when they lose the rebounding battle.
- The Blazers and the Golden Eagles collect offensive rebounds at about the same rate (10.3 and 9.6 offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- The Blazers are 2-1 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Golden Eagles are 1-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding has been a pillar for both teams this year. UAB records an average rebounding margin of +3.2 rebounds per game. Southern Miss averages a margin of +5.4 rebounds.