The No. 7 Tennessee Volunteers (7-0) are 9.5-point favorites as they attempt to build on a seven-game winning streak when they host the Alabama Crimson Tide (6-3) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at Thompson-Boling Arena. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESP2. The matchup's point total is 145.
Tennessee vs Alabama Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Tennessee and Alabama
Tennessee and Alabama Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 9.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The Volunteers scoring leader is Victor Bailey Jr., who averages 12.6 points per game.
- Santiago Vescovi leads the team with 4.1 assists a game and John Fulkerson paces the squad with 6.3 rebounds per matchup.
- Vescovi paces the Volunteers with a team-high 2.1 made three-pointers per game.
- Josiah-Jordan James leads the team with 1.7 steals per game. Yves Pons collects 1.6 blocks a game to pace Tennessee.
- The Crimson Tide leader in scoring is Jaden Shackelford with 13.4 points per game. He also adds 5.0 rebounds per game and 1.8 assists per game.
- Herbert Jones' 6.3 rebounds per game and Jahvon Quinerly's 3.2 assists per game put them in the top spots on the Crimson Tide rebounds and assists leaderboards.
- The Crimson Tide are paced by Shackelford from beyond the arc -- he knocks down 2.2 shots from downtown per game.
- Jordan Bruner is tops on Alabama in both steals (1.6) and blocks (1.1) per game.
Tennessee vs Alabama: Last 2 Meetings
Tennessee leads the past two matchups 2-0 over Alabama. The Volunteers have a 1-0 record against the spread in those contests with the Crimson Tide.
Tennessee vs Alabama (Last 2 Games)
- The Volunteers record 79.7 points per game, 9.3 more points than the 70.4 the Crimson Tide allow.
- When Tennessee scores more than 70.4 points, it is 5-0 overall and 3-0 against the spread.
- Alabama is 1-1 overall and 0-2 against the spread in games when it allows more than 79.7 points.
- The Crimson Tide put up an average of 77.3 points per game, 24.6 more points than the 52.7 the Volunteers allow.
- When it scores more than 52.7 points, Alabama is 5-0 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- Tennessee is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 77.3 points.
- The Volunteers have totaled 189 more points than their opponents this season (27 per game on average), and the Crimson Tide have scored 62 more points than their opponents (6.9 per game).
- The Volunteers and the Crimson Tide are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 39 and 40.6 rebounds per game, respectively.
- When Alabama earns the rebounding advantage they are 3-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Tennessee is 1-0.
- The Volunteers and the Crimson Tide collect offensive rebounds at about the same rate (12.4 and 13.1 offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- The Crimson Tide are 2-1 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Volunteers are 1-0 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding has been a pillar for both teams this year. Tennessee records an average rebounding margin of +10.9 rebounds per game. Alabama averages a margin of +2.5 rebounds.