The Syracuse Orange (2-0) square off against the Rider Broncs (0-0) as heavy, 12-point favorites on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 68.5 for the matchup.
Syracuse vs Rider Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Buddy Boeheim put up 15.3 points per game last season.
- Joseph Girard III collected 3.5 assists per game and Bourama Sidibe grabbed 7.6 rebounds per matchup.
- Boeheim was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 3.0 per game.
- Girard averaged 1.5 steals per game. Sidibe collected 1.4 blocks a contest.
- Dwight Murray Jr. averaged 9.6 points per game last season while adding 2.4 assists.
- Malachi De Sousa pulled down 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Murray was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 0.8 per game.
- Murray nicked 0.7 steals per game. De Sousa collected 0.4 blocks a contest.
- Last year, the Orange scored five more points per game (74.3) than the Broncs gave up (69.3).
- Syracuse put together a 13-0 record against the spread and a 16-8 record overall last season when totaling 69.3 points or more.
- Rider went 1-7 against the spread and 2-6 overall last season when giving up more than 74.3 points.
- The Broncs put up an average of 71.7 points per game last year, only 2.5 more points than the 69.2 the Orange gave up.
- Rider went 13-3 overall and 8-0 against the spread when it scored more than 69.2 points last season.
- Syracuse's record was 3-6 against the spread and 3-9 overall when it let its opponents to score more than 71.7 points last season.
- The Orange put up a total of 162 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 5.1 per game), and the Broncs out-scored opponents by 72 points on the season (2.4 more per game).
- The Orange and the Broncs rebounded at around the same rate, averaging 32.1 and 34.7 boards per game last season, respectively.
- When Rider earned the rebounding advantage they were 10-7 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Syracuse was 4-9.
- The Orange and the Broncs were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging 8.5 and 9.1 offensive boards per game, respectively.
- The Broncs were 5-8 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Orange were 9-9 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding margin was a weakness for Syracuse with a mark of -1.1 rebounds per game last season. Rider routinely had an advantage on the boards, averaging a margin of +4.2.