The UTEP Miners (2-0) visit the Saint Mary's Gaels (4-1) as 7-point favorites after Souley Boum went off for 34 points in the Miners 84-62 victory over Sul Ross State. The game is at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 8, 2020. The over/under in the matchup is 61.
Saint Mary's (CA) vs UTEP Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
|Saint Mary's (CA)
Saint Mary's (CA) Leaders
- Alex Ducas leads the Gaels in points and rebounds. He puts up 13.0 points per game while tacking on 7.4 rebounds.
- Saint Mary's (CA)'s assists leader is Tommy Kuhse, who averages 7.8 assists per game.
- The 2.0 three-pointers Ducas hits per game are a team-high mark for the Gaels.
- Saint Mary's (CA)'s blocks leader is Matthias Tass, who averages 1.2 per game. Kuhse leads the team averaging 1.6 steals an outing.
- Bryson Williams scored 17.8 points per game last season while tacking on 7.2 rebounds.
- Jamal Bieniemy collected 2.8 assists per game.
- Boum had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He made 1.6 shots from deep per game.
- Christian Agnew grabbed 1.6 steals per game. Williams averaged 0.9 blocks a contest.
- Last year, the Gaels scored 9.2 more points per game (75.3) than the Miners gave up (66.1).
- When Saint Mary's (CA) put up more than 66.1 points last season, it put together a record of 8-0 against the spread and 20-4 overall.
- UTEP put together a 0-3 record against the spread and went 1-3 overall last season when giving up more than 75.3 points.
- The Miners scored an average of 67.4 points per game last year, just 0.5 more points than the 66.9 the Gaels gave up.
- UTEP went 13-4 overall and 9-0 against the spread when it scored more than 66.9 points last season.
- Saint Mary's (CA) finished 2-5 against the spread and 6-6 overall when it gave up more than 67.4 points last season.
- The Gaels out-scored their opponents by a total of 283 points last season (8.4 points per game on average), and the Miners put up 41 more points than their opponents on the year (1.3 per game).
- The Gaels and the Miners rebounded at around the same rate, averaging 30 and 32 boards per game last season, respectively.
- UTEP was 7-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Saint Mary's (CA) was 4-3 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Gaels and the Miners were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (6.8 and 7.2 offensive boards per game, respectively).
- When the Miners grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 4-4 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Gaels were 4-4.
- The Gaels found regular success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +1.9 rebounds per game, and the Miners struggled in comparison, averaging a margin of -0.6.