The Saint John's (NY) Red Storm (3-1) host the Stony Brook Seawolves (0-1) as 9-point favorites after Julian Champagnie went off for 25 points in the Red Storm 74-68 loss to BYU. The matchup airs on FS1 at 2:30 PM ET on Sunday, December 6, 2020. The matchup has an over/under of 70 points.
Saint John's (NY) vs Stony Brook Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
|Saint John's (NY)
Saint John's (NY) Leaders
- Champagnie leads the Red Storm in scoring (27.0 points per game) and rebounding (7.5 rebounds per game).
- Saint John's (NY)'s assists leader is Posh Alexander, who dishes out 4.5 assists per game.
- The Red Storm are paced by Vince Cole from long distance -- he hits 1.5 shots from downtown per game.
- The Red Storm steals leader is Greg Williams Jr., who averages 2.8 per game. Josh Roberts leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks a contest.
Stony Brook Leaders
- Mouhamadou Gueye grabbed 6.4 rebounds and added 1.5 assists per game last season.
- Tykei Greene had a strong season offensively, scoring 9.7 points per game.
- Omar Habwe had a solid showing from long distance a season ago, hitting 1.1 shots from deep per game.
- Greene grabbed 0.8 steals per game. Gueye averaged 1.9 blocks an outing.
- Last year, the 74.6 points per game the Red Storm recorded were 8.8 more points than the Seawolves allowed (65.8).
- Saint John's (NY) had a 13-0-1 record against the spread and a 17-9 record overall last season when putting up 65.8 points or more.
- When Stony Brook gave up more than 74.6 points last season, it went 3-4 against the spread and 3-5 overall.
- The Seawolves' 69.2 points per game last year were only 2.4 fewer points than the 71.6 the Red Storm allowed.
- When it scored more than 71.6 points last season, Stony Brook went 7-0 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- Saint John's (NY) had a 4-13 record overall and an ATS record of 6-8-1 last season when its opponents scored more than 69.2 points.
- The Red Storm out-scored their opponents by a total of 97 points last season (three points per game on average), and the Seawolves put up 111 more points than their opponents on the year (3.4 per game).
- The Red Storm and the Seawolves rebounded at a similar rate last season (34.8 and 35.6 boards per game, respectively).
- When Stony Brook earned the rebounding advantage they were 9-9 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Saint John's (NY) was 10-7.
- The Red Storm averaged 10.3 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Seawolves by 1.1 rebounds per contest last season.
- The Red Storm were 4-6 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Seawolves were 7-6 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Saint John's (NY) was lackluster on the boards with an average rebounding margin of -3.2 rebounds per game. However Stony Brook helped itself, averaging a margin of 2.5.