The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (3-1) are 1.5-point favorites as they look to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the Utah Valley Wolverines (1-1) on Wednesday, December 9, 2020 at UCCU Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 67.5.
Southern Utah vs Utah Valley Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Southern Utah Leaders
- The Thunderbirds scoring leader is Tevian Jones, who averages 15.3 points per game.
- Maizen Fausett paces Southern Utah with 6.3 rebounds a game and John Knight III leads the team with 5.8 assists per matchup.
- The Thunderbirds are led by Dre Marin from long distance. He makes 2.3 shots from deep per game.
- Marin leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Ivan Madunic collects 1.8 blocks a game to pace Southern Utah.
Utah Valley Leaders
- Trey Woodbury put up 7.2 points per game last season.
- Jamison Overton collected 1.5 assists a game and Tim Fuller grabbed 4.9 rebounds per contest.
- A season ago, Woodbury made 0.8 threes per game.
- Overton nicked 0.9 steals per game. Fuller collected 1.1 blocks an outing.
Southern Utah vs Utah Valley: Last Meeting
Southern Utah vs Utah Valley (Last 1 Games)
- Last season, the Thunderbirds put up just 1.8 more points per contest (72.8) than the Wolverines allowed (71).
- Southern Utah went 9-0 against the spread and 15-3 overall last season when scoring more than 71 points.
- Utah Valley went 5-6 against the spread and 2-11 overall last season when allowing more than 72.8 points.
- The Wolverines put up only 3.9 more points per game last year (70.2) than the Thunderbirds gave up (66.3).
- Utah Valley went 7-0-1 against the spread and 10-8 overall when it scored more than 66.3 points last season.
- Southern Utah's record was 3-6 against the spread and 5-7 overall when it let its opponents to score more than 70.2 points last season.
- The Thunderbirds out-scored their opponents by a total of 207 points last season (6.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Wolverines out-scored them by 26 more points on the year (0.8 per game).
- The Thunderbirds and the Wolverines rebounded at around the same clip, averaging 35.3 and 33.3 boards per game last season, respectively.
- When Southern Utah earned the rebounding advantage they were 10-5 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Utah Valley was 5-8.
- The Thunderbirds and the Wolverines were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging 8.4 and 7.6 offensive boards per game, respectively.
- The Thunderbirds were 7-7 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Wolverines were 7-5 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Southern Utah faired well on the boards with an average rebounding margin of +5.3 rebounds per game. It's a different story for Utah Valley who averaged a margin of -0.3.