The SMU Mustangs (5-0) will try to extend a five-game win streak when they visit the Temple Owls (1-1) on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at Liacouras Center as 7.5-point favorites. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESP+. The over/under is set at 137 in the matchup.
SMU vs Temple Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Mustangs points and assists leader is Kendric Davis. He scores 20.4 points per game and records 7.6 assists.
- Feron Hunt paces the squad with 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Davis is the top three-point shooter for the Mustangs, hitting 2.0 per game.
- Davis leads the team with 2.2 steals per game. Hunt collects 1.4 blocks an outing to pace the Mustangs.
- Sage Tolbert was solid last season with 9.6 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
- J.P. Moorman II dished out 1.6 assists per game.
- De'Vondre Perry was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down 1.0 per game.
- Tolbert racked up 0.8 steals and 0.7 blocks per game.
SMU vs Temple: Last 3 Meetings
The Owls have a 2-1 record in the last three matchups against the Mustangs. Neither team has an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head matchups. The Mustangs and the Owls have a 1-1 ATS record.
SMU vs Temple (Last 3 Games)
- Last year, the Mustangs recorded five more points per game (72.9) than the Owls allowed (67.9).
- SMU put together an 11-0-1 record against the spread and a 17-5 record overall last season when totaling 67.9 points or more.
- Temple finished with a record of 3-5 against the spread and 2-7 overall last season when giving up more than 72.9 points.
- The Owls scored an average of 68.3 points per game last year, only 0.2 fewer points than the 68.5 the Mustangs gave up to opponents.
- Temple went 10-5 overall and 8-0 against the spread when it scored more than 68.5 points last season.
- SMU went 4-6-1 against the spread and 6-7 overall when it allowed more than 68.3 points last season.
- The Mustangs out-scored their opponents by a total of 134 points last season (4.4 points per game on average), and the Owls put up just 13 more points than their opponents on the year (0.4 per game).
- The Mustangs and the Owls rebounded at a similar clip last season (34 and 34.1 boards per game, respectively).
- The Owls were 9-3 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Mustangs were 3-6-1 when they lost the rebounding battle
- The Mustangs averaged 10.4 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Owls by 2.5 rebounds per contest last season.
- The Mustangs were 6-7-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Owls were 7-7 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- SMU recorded an average rebounding margin of +4.3 rebounds per game, and Temple averaged a margin of -0.7 rebounds.