The Seton Hall Pirates (7-4) are at home in Big East action against the Butler Bulldogs (2-4) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 4:30 PM ET. The Pirates are favored by 8.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under for the matchup is set at 138.
Seton Hall vs Butler Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Seton Hall and Butler
Seton Hall and Butler Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 8.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Seton Hall Leaders
- The Pirates scoring leader is Sandro Mamukelashvili, who puts up 18.2 points per game.
- Seton Hall is led in rebounding by Jared Rhoden's 7.6 rebounds per game and assisting by Shavar Reynolds Jr.'s 5.1 assists per game .
- Myles Cale connects on 1.8 threes per game to lead the Pirates.
- Reynolds leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Ike Obiagu collects 3.2 blocks a game to pace the Pirates.
- Jair Bolden outpaced his teammates on the Bulldogs scoring front by putting up 14.2 points per game. He adds 4.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game this season.
- Bryce Nze (7.2 rebounds per game) and Myles Tate (2.7 assists per game) are the Butler leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Bolden hits a team-high 3.2 three-pointers per game for the Bulldogs.
- Tate is at the top of Butler's steals hierarchy with 1.0 steal per game and Nze leads the squad in blocks with 1.0 per game.
Seton Hall vs Butler: Last 2 Meetings
Seton Hall has a 2-0 record in the last two games against Butler. The Pirates and the Bulldogs have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
Seton Hall vs Butler (Last 2 Games)
- The 77.5 points per game the Pirates average are 6.5 more points than the Bulldogs allow (71).
- Seton Hall is 6-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71 points.
- Butler is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when allowing more than 77.5 points.
- The Bulldogs' 65 points per game are 5.6 fewer points than the 70.6 the Pirates give up.
- Butler has put together a 0-1 overall record and a 0-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 70.6 points.
- Seton Hall's record is 5-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall when it allows more than 65 points.
- The Pirates have out-scored their opponents by a total of 75 points this season (6.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bulldogs have out-scored them by 36 more points on the year (six per game).
- The Pirates and the Bulldogs rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 35.2 and 32 boards per game, respectively.
- When Seton Hall earns the rebounding advantage they are 5-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Butler is 0-3.
- The Pirates and the Bulldogs collect offensive rebounds at almost the same rate (8.9 and nine offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- The Bulldogs are 1-3 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Pirates are 4-2 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding has been a pillar for both teams this year. Seton Hall records an average rebounding margin of +0.2 rebounds per game. Butler averages a margin of +1.8 rebounds.