The No. 14 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (6-1) are just 3-point favorites as they try to build on a five-game home winning streak when they take on the Purdue Boilermakers (7-3) on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at Rutgers Athletic Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on FS1. The matchup has a point total of 136.
Rutgers vs Purdue Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Rutgers and Purdue
Rutgers and Purdue Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 3+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Ron Harper Jr. leads the Scarlet Knights in scoring, racking up 23.4 points per game.
- Jacob Young leads Rutgers with 5.6 assists per game and Myles Johnson paces the team with 8.6 rebounds per contest.
- Harper is the top three-point shooter for the Scarlet Knights, connecting on 3.6 per game.
- The Scarlet Knights steals leader is Young, who averages 2.4 per game. Johnson leads the team averaging 2.3 blocks a game.
- Trevion Williams is at the top of the Boilermakers scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 13.4 points per game and 9.5 rebounds per game this season.
- Eric Hunter Jr. is the Boilermakers go-to assist guy, averaging 3.5 per game.
- Sasha Stefanovic averages 2.9 made threes per game to lead the Boilermakers.
- Hunter leads the Scarlet Knights with 2.4 steals per game and Zach Edey is their top shot blocker with 0.9 blocks per game.
Rutgers vs Purdue: Last 3 Meetings
Rutgers has taken two of its last three matchups with Purdue. In those games against the Boilermakers, the Scarlet Knights have a 2-0 record against the spread.
Rutgers vs Purdue (Last 3 Games)
- The Scarlet Knights put up 80.6 points per game, 14.6 more points than the 66 the Boilermakers allow.
- Rutgers is 6-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 66 points.
- Purdue is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when allowing more than 80.6 points.
- The Boilermakers put up just 2.4 more points per game (72.5) than the Scarlet Knights give up (70.1).
- Purdue has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record in games it scores more than 70.1 points.
- Rutgers' record is 2-1 overall and 1-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 72.5 points to its opponents.
- The Scarlet Knights have totaled 73 more points than their opponents this season (10.5 per game on average), and the Boilermakers have scored 65 more points than their opponents (6.5 per game).
- The Scarlet Knights and the Boilermakers are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 39.6 and 36.6 rebounds per game, respectively.
- When Rutgers earns the rebounding advantage they are 4-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Purdue is 0-1.
- The Scarlet Knights and the Boilermakers collect offensive rebounds at nearly the same rate (10.7 and 10.5 offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- The Scarlet Knights are 3-0 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Boilermakers are 2-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. Rutgers records an average rebounding margin of +4.5 rebounds per game. Purdue averages a margin of +8.5 rebounds.