The Ohio State Buckeyes (8-3) are 4-point underdogs as they try to break a three-game road losing streak when they take on the No. 15 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (7-3) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Rutgers Athletic Center. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET on BTN. The over/under is set at 139.5 for the matchup.
Rutgers vs Ohio State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Rutgers and Ohio State
Rutgers and Ohio State Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The Scarlet Knights scoring leader is Ron Harper Jr., who contributes 21.1 points per game.
- Myles Johnson paces Rutgers with 8.5 rebounds per game and Jacob Young leads the team with 4.8 assists per contest.
- The Scarlet Knights are led by Harper from beyond the arc. He knocks down 3.2 shots from deep per game.
- Rutgers' steals leader is Young, who grabs 2.4 per game. Johnson leads the team averaging 2.1 blocks a game.
Ohio State Leaders
- Duane Washington Jr. owns the Buckeyes top spot in scoring with 14.9 points per game and also tacks on 3.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists per contest.
- Kyle Young (6.4 rebounds per game) and CJ Walker (4.2 assists per game) are the Ohio State leaders in rebounds and assists.
- The Buckeyes are paced by Washington from long distance -- he knocks down 2.7 shots from deep per game.
- E.J. Liddell owns the top spot on the team in both steals (1.1 per game) and blocks (1.3 per game).
Rutgers vs Ohio State: Last 4 Meetings
The Buckeyes have a 3-1 record in the last four games against the Scarlet Knights. The Buckeyes have a 2-0 record against the spread in those games against the Scarlet Knights.
Rutgers vs Ohio State (Last 4 Games)
- The Scarlet Knights put up 76.5 points per game, 10.3 more points than the 66.2 the Buckeyes give up.
- Rutgers is 7-2 overall and 6-0-1 against the spread when scoring more than 66.2 points.
- When Ohio State gives up more than 76.5 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Buckeyes' 76.3 points per game are 5.1 more points than the 71.2 the Scarlet Knights give up.
- When it scores more than 71.2 points, Ohio State is 5-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- Rutgers' record is 1-2 overall and 0-1-1 against the spread when it allows more than 76.3 points to its opponents.
- The Scarlet Knights have totaled 53 more points than their opponents this season (5.3 per game on average), and the Buckeyes have scored 111 more points than their opponents (10.1 per game).
- The Scarlet Knights and the Buckeyes are evenly matched on the glass this season, with the teams averaging similar numbers (36.8 and 37.3 boards per game, respectively).
- When Ohio State earns the rebounding advantage they are 4-2 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Rutgers is 1-1.
- The Scarlet Knights average 10.4 offensive boards per game, -1.1 rebounds fewer than the Buckeyes.
- The Buckeyes are 3-4 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Scarlet Knights are 3-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Both teams thrive on the boards. Rutgers records an average rebounding margin of +0.6 rebounds per game. Ohio State averages a margin of +4.9 rebounds.