The No. 23 Michigan State Spartans (7-3) host the No. 15 Rutgers Scarlet Knights (7-2) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Breslin Center, tipping off at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The Spartans are 2.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The over/under for the matchup is 149.
Michigan State vs Rutgers Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Michigan State and Rutgers
Michigan State and Rutgers Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 2.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Michigan State Leaders
- Aaron Henry leads the Spartans in points and assists. He scores 13.4 points per game while tacking on 4.1 assists.
- The squad is led in rebounds by Joey Hauser's 7.9 per game.
- Gabe Brown averages 1.7 made threes per game to lead the Spartans.
- Michigan State's steals leader is Henry, who collects 1.6 per game. Marcus Bingham Jr. leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks an outing.
- Ron Harper Jr. outpaced his teammates on the Scarlet Knights scoring front by putting up 22.1 points per game. He adds 7.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season.
- Myles Johnson's 8.7 rebounds per game and Jacob Young's 5.2 assists per game put them in the top spots on the Scarlet Knights rebounds and assists leaderboards.
- Harper makes a team-high 3.5 three-pointers per game for the Scarlet Knights.
- Rutgers' Young has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 2.4 per game and Johnson is first in blocks with 2.0 per game.
Michigan State vs Rutgers: Last 3 Meetings
Michigan State has a 3-0 record in the last three matchups with Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights have a 1-0 record against the spread in those games against the Spartans.
Michigan State vs Rutgers (Last 3 Games)
- The Spartans record 7.4 more points per game (79) than the Scarlet Knights give up (71.6).
- Michigan State is 6-0 against the spread and 7-1 overall when scoring more than 71.6 points.
- Rutgers is 0-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when allowing more than 79 points.
- The Scarlet Knights score only 4.4 more points per game (80) than the Spartans allow their opponents to score (75.6).
- When it scores more than 75.6 points, Rutgers is 4-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Michigan State is 1-2 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it gives up more than 80 points.
- The Spartans have out-scored their opponents by a total of 34 points this season (3.4 points per game on average), and the Scarlet Knights have put up 76 more points than their opponents on the year (8.4 per game).
- The Spartans and the Scarlet Knights rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 38.4 and 38.6 boards per game, respectively.
- Rutgers is 4-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Michigan State is 0-1 when they lose the rebounding battle.
- The Spartans and the Scarlet Knights collect offensive rebounds at very similar rate (11.4 and 10.9 offensive rebounds per game, respectively).
- When the Spartans grab the most offensive rebounds they are 4-3 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Scarlet Knights are 3-1.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. Michigan State records an average rebounding margin of +six rebounds per game. Rutgers averages a margin of +3.2 rebounds.