The Richmond Spiders (6-1) host the Rhode Island Rams (4-5) as 4.5-point favorites after Blake Francis went off for 27 points in the Spiders 75-73 victory over Loyola Chicago. The matchup airs on CBS Sports at 6:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. The point total in the matchup is 145.
Richmond vs Rhode Island Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Richmond and Rhode Island
Richmond and Rhode Island Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Francis leads the Spiders scoring 16.5 points per game.
- Richmond is led in rebounding by Tyler Burton's 8.4 rebounds per game and assisting by Jacob Gilyard's 5.7 assists per game .
- The Spiders are led by Francis from long distance. He makes 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Gilyard leads the team with 3.8 steals per game. Burton collects 0.6 blocks a contest to pace Richmond.
Rhode Island Leaders
- Fatts Russell's excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Rams scoring and assists leaderboards with 14.4 points per game and 4.2 assists per game.
- When it comes to rebounds, Antwan Walker is the Rhode Island leader with 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Jeremy Sheppard averages 1.4 made threes per game to pace the Rams.
- Russell is at the top of Rhode Island's steals hierarchy with 2.3 steals per game and Makhel Mitchell leads the squad in blocks with 1.4 per game.
Richmond vs Rhode Island: Last 2 Meetings
Richmond and Rhode Island have split their last two matchups 1-1. In those games against the Rams, the Spiders have a 1-0 record against the spread.
Richmond vs Rhode Island (Last 2 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
Richmond has combined with its opponents to score over Wednesday's total, 145, in 85.7% of its seven games this season.
In four of nine (44.4%) Rhode Island games this season, the total points scored elevated above Wednesday's 145 over/under.
The two teams combine to score 150.7 points per game, 5.7 more than the total in this contest.
The 142.9 combined points per game that these two squads have allowed this season are 2.1 fewer than the 145 total in this contest.
Spiders games this season feature an average total of 147.4 points, a number 2.4 points higher than Wednesday's over/under.
In 2020-21, games involving the Rams have averaged a total of 146.2 points, 1.2 more than the set total in this contest.