The Houston Baptist Huskies (1-4) are heavy underdogs (-14.5) as they look to stop a three-game road slide when they square off against the Rice Owls (4-1) on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at Tudor Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 3:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 157 points.
Rice vs Houston Baptist Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Rice and Houston Baptist
Rice and Houston Baptist Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 14.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- Max Fiedler leads the Owls in assists and rebounds. He puts up 3.0 assists and 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Rice's scoring leader is Quincy Olivari, who puts up 17.3 points per game.
- The Owls are led by Olivari from long distance -- he knocks down 4.0 shots from deep per game.
- Rice's steals leader is Travis Evee, who grabs 1.5 per game. Tre Clark leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks an outing.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- Tay Boothman outpaced his teammates on the Huskies scoring front by putting up 11.0 points per game. He adds 1.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game this season.
- Pedro Castro's 6.4 rebounds per game and Myles Pierre's 2.8 assists per game put them in the top spots on the Huskies rebounds and assists leaderboards.
- Boothman averages 2.4 made threes per game to pace the Huskies.
- Nobody on Houston Baptist grabs more steals than Ty Dalton (1.0 per game) or blocks more shots than Castro (0.8 per game).
Rice vs Houston Baptist: Last 2 Meetings
Rice has taken both of its games against Houston Baptist. The Owls have a 2-0 record against the spread in those contests with the Huskies.
Rice vs Houston Baptist (Last 2 Games)
- The Owls average 82.4 points per contest, only 0.4 fewer points than the 82.8 the Huskies give up to opponents.
- Rice has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when scoring more than 82.8 points.
- Houston Baptist is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when giving up more than 82.4 points.
- The Huskies score an average of 70.8 points per game, 7.4 more points than the 63.4 the Owls allow.
- Houston Baptist is 0-0 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it scores more than 63.4 points.
- Rice has a 1-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 70.8 points.
- The Owls have totaled 95 more points than their opponents this season (19.0 per game on average), while the Huskies have been out-scored by 60 total points (12 per game average differential).
- The Owls average 41.4 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Huskies by 7.4 boards per contest.
- When Rice earns the rebounding advantage they are 1-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Houston Baptist is 0-2.
- The Owls average 11.2 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Huskies by 2.6 rebounds per contest.
- When the Owls grab the most offensive rebounds they are 2-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Huskies are 0-3.
- Rice records an average rebounding margin of +4.6 rebounds per game, and Houston Baptist averages a margin of -3.8 rebounds.