The Penn State Nittany Lions (2-0) host the Seton Hall Pirates (1-3) as 1.5-point favorites after Seth Lundy put up 32 points in the Nittany Lions 72-69 victory over VCU. The game airs on BTN at 8:00 PM ET on Sunday, December 6, 2020. The over/under in the matchup is 69.
Penn State vs Seton Hall Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Penn State Leaders
- Sam Sessoms put up 19.4 points per game last season and added 5.0 rebounds and 4.8 assists.
- Myreon Jones knocked down 2.2 shots from deep per game in a solid showing from beyond the arc a season ago.
- Sessoms collected 1.6 per game. Lundy averaged 0.4 blocks a game.
Seton Hall Leaders
- Sandro Mamukelashvili holds the top Pirates spot in two categories: scoring (23.5 points per game) and rebounding (10.0 rebounds per game).
- The Seton Hall leader in assists is Shavar Reynolds Jr. with 3.0 assists per game.
- Mamukelashvili makes more threes per game than any other member of the Pirates, cashing in 3.0 treys per game.
- Seton Hall's Reynolds has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.0 per game and Ike Obiagu is first in blocks with 1.5 per game.
- Last year, the Nittany Lions put up 7.2 more points per game (75.1) than the Pirates gave up (67.9).
- Penn State went 14-0-1 against the spread and 18-6 overall last season when scoring more than 67.9 points.
- Seton Hall went 3-5 against the spread and 3-5 overall last season when giving up more than 75.1 points.
- The Pirates' 74.7 points per game last year were 6.5 more points than the 68.2 the Nittany Lions gave up to opponents.
- Seton Hall went 19-5 overall and 14-0-1 against the spread when it scored more than 68.2 points last season.
- Penn State went 3-5-1 against the spread and 4-5 overall last season when it allowed more than 74.7 points.
- The Nittany Lions totaled 213 more points than their opponents last season (6.9 per game on average), and the Pirates scored 204 more points than their opponents (6.8 per game).
- The Nittany Lions and the Pirates rebounded at a similar clip last season (35.6 and 34.3 boards per game, respectively).
- The Nittany Lions were 10-3-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Pirates were 4-4 when they lost the battle on the glass.
- The Nittany Lions and the Pirates were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging 9.9 and nine offensive boards per game, respectively.
- The Nittany Lions were 11-6 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Pirates were 8-4-1 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding was a pillar for both teams last year. Penn State recorded an average rebounding margin of +1.4 rebounds per game, and Seton Hall averaged a margin of +0.8 rebounds.