The Providence Friars (5-3) are at home in Big East play against the DePaul Blue Demons (1-0) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM ET. The Friars are favored by 6.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total is 143 for the matchup.
Providence vs DePaul Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Nate Watson leads the Friars in points and rebounds. He scores 19.3 points per game while adding 6.1 rebounds.
- Jared Bynum paces the team with 4.6 assists per game.
- David Duke makes a team-high 1.9 three-pointers per game for the Friars.
- The Friars steals leader is Greg Gantt, who collects 1.3 per game. Jimmy Nichols Jr. leads the team averaging 0.8 blocks an outing.
- Javon Freeman-Liberty put up 19.0 points per game last season.
- Pauly Paulicap notched 6.6 rebounds per game and Charlie Moore averaged 6.1 assists per game .
- Moore had a strong showing from beyond the arc a season ago. He made 1.7 shots from deep per game.
- Freeman-Liberty averaged 2.2 steals per game. Paulicap collected 1.8 blocks a contest.
Providence vs DePaul: Last 4 Meetings
Providence has a 3-1 record in the last four matchups with DePaul. The Friars have covered the spread more often than not against the Blue Demons, holding a 2-0 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Providence vs DePaul (Last 4 Games)
- Last year, the Friars recorded just 0.3 more points per game (71.4) than the Blue Demons gave up (71.1).
- Providence had an 11-0 record against the spread and a 13-2 record overall last season when putting up 71.1 points or more.
- DePaul finished 4-9 against the spread and 3-12 overall last season when allowing more than 71.4 points.
- The Blue Demons' 70.7 points per game last year were just 4.5 more points than the 66.2 the Friars gave up to opponents.
- DePaul put together an 11-0 ATS record and finished 15-8 overall last season in games it scored more than 66.2 points.
- Providence's record was 5-6-1 against the spread and 6-7 overall when it gave up more than 70.7 points last season.
- The Friars out-scored their opponents by a total of 163 points last season (5.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Blue Demons out-scored them by just 12 more points on the year (0.4 per game).
- The Friars and the Blue Demons hauled in rebounds at approximately the same rate last season (34.5 and 34.1 boards per game, respectively).
- When Providence earned the rebounding advantage they were 7-5-2 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, DePaul was 5-8.
- The Friars averaged 11.8 offensive boards per game, more than the Blue Demons by 1.9 rebounds per contest last season.
- The Friars were 8-8-2 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Blue Demons were 5-6 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding was a pillar for both teams last year. Providence recorded an average rebounding margin of +2.3 rebounds per game, and DePaul averaged a margin of +1.3 rebounds.