The Providence Friars (6-3) are favored (by 6 points) to build on a three-game home winning streak when they host the Butler Bulldogs (2-3) on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 135.
Providence vs Butler Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Providence and Butler
Providence and Butler Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 6+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
- The Friars scoring leader is David Duke, who contributes 19.7 points per game.
- Jared Bynum leads Providence with 4.6 assists per game and Nate Watson paces the team with 7.0 rebounds per contest.
- The Friars are led by Duke from beyond the arc -- he knocks down 1.8 shots from downtown per game.
- A.J. Reeves leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Jimmy Nichols Jr. collects 0.7 blocks a contest to pace Providence.
- Jair Bolden outpaced his teammates on the Bulldogs scoring front by putting up 14.0 points per game. He adds 5.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game this season.
- Bryce Nze (7.4 rebounds per game) and Myles Tate (2.4 assists per game) are the Butler leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Bolden knocks down a team-high 3.0 three-pointers per game for the Bulldogs.
- Nobody on Butler grabs more steals than Tate (0.8 per game) or blocks more shots than Nze (1.0 per game).
Providence vs Butler: Last 3 Meetings
Butler has a 2-1 record in the last three games with Providence. In those matchups with the Friars, the Bulldogs have a 2-0 record against the spread.
Providence vs Butler (Last 3 Games)
- The Friars record 76.2 points per game, 5.2 more points than the 71 the Bulldogs give up.
- Providence is 5-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71 points.
- When Butler allows more than 76.2 points, it is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall.
- The Bulldogs put up 6.2 fewer points per game (67) than the Friars give up to opponents (73.2).
- When it puts up more than 73.2 points, Butler is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall.
- Providence is 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it allows more than 67 points.
- The Friars have put up a total of 27 more points than their opponents this year (an average of three per game), while the Bulldogs have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 20 total points, -4 per game).
- The Friars and the Bulldogs rebound at around the same clip, with the teams averaging and 35.1 and 32.8 boards per game, respectively.
- The Friars are 5-0 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Bulldogs are 0-2 when they lose the rebounding battle.
- The Friars average 11.1 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Bulldogs by 2.7 rebounds per contest.
- When the Friars grab the most offensive rebounds they are 4-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Bulldogs are 0-1.
- Both teams tend to win the board battle. Providence records an average rebounding margin of +1.2 rebounds per game. Butler averages a margin of +2.6 rebounds.