The Portland Pilots (2-1) and the Portland State Vikings (0-0) hit the court in a game set as a pick 'em at Chiles Center on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 10:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is 71.5.
Portland vs Portland State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Pilots scoring leader is Ahmed Ali, who contributes 17.7 points per game.
- The squad is led in rebounding by Mikey Henn's 9.0 rebounds per game and assisting by Chase Adams' 3.7 assists per game .
- The Pilots are led by Ali from long distance. He knocks down 2.0 shots from deep per game.
- Portland's steals leader is Isiah Dasher, who grabs 1.7 per game. Latrell Jones leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks a contest.
Portland State Leaders
- James Scott averaged 7.2 points per game last season.
- Amari McCray collected 4.2 rebounds per game and Elijah Hardy dished out 1.2 assists per matchup.
- Ian Burke was reliable from distance a season ago, knocking down 1.0 three per game.
- Hardy grabbed 0.7 steals per game. McCray averaged 0.7 blocks a game.
Portland vs Portland State: Last 2 Meetings
Portland and Portland State have a tied 1-1 record in their last two head-to-head matchups. The Pilots have covered the spread more often than not against the Vikings, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
Portland vs Portland State (Last 2 Games)
- Last year, the 66.4 points per game the Pilots recorded were nine fewer points than the Vikings gave up (75.4).
- Portland went 2-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall last season when scoring more than 75.4 points.
- When Portland State's opponents totaled more than 66.4 points last season, it finished 14-10 against the spread and 14-13 overall.
- The Vikings put up 6.5 more points per game last year (78.7) than the Pilots gave up to opponents (72.2).
- When it scored more than 72.2 points last season, Portland State went 14-0 against the spread and 17-7 overall.
- Portland went 2-4 against the spread and 0-10 overall last season when it gave up more than 78.7 points.
- The Pilots were out-scored by 183 points last season (5.8 points per game on average), while the Vikings put up 106 more points than their opponents on the year (3.3 per game).
- The Pilots and the Vikings collected rebounds at approximately the same rate last season (29 and 33.1 boards per game, respectively).
- The Vikings were 9-4 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Pilots were 9-13 when they lost the rebounding advantage
- The Pilots averaged 5.3 offensive boards per game, -6.9 rebounds fewer than the Vikings.
- The Vikings were 11-8 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Pilots were 10-11-1 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding margin was a weakness for Portland with a mark of -6.4 rebounds per game last season. Portland State routinely had an advantage on the boards, averaging a margin of +1.7.