The Chicago State Cougars (0-3) are heavy, 18.5-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Northwestern Wildcats (1-0) on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The matchup airs at 5:00 PM ET on BTN. The matchup has an over/under set at 65 points.
Northwestern vs Chicago State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Miller Kopp put up 13.1 points per game last season.
- Ryan Young grabbed 9.0 rebounds per game and Boo Buie averaged 2.4 assists per game .
- Last season, Kopp hit 2.1 threes per game.
- Buie averaged 0.7 steals per game. Pete Nance collected 1.0 block a game.
Chicago State Leaders
- Jordan Polynice outpaced his teammates on the Cougars scoring front by putting up 10.7 points per game. He adds 1.3 rebounds and 0.3 assists per game this season.
- The Chicago State leaders in rebounds and assists are Aaris-Monte Bonds (3.7 rebounds per game) and Isaiah Lewis (2.3 assists per game).
- Polynice knocks down 1.0 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the Cougars.
- Nobody on Chicago State grabs more steals than Carlo Marble (1.0 per game) or blocks more shots than Bonds (0.7 per game).
Northwestern vs Chicago State: Last Meeting
Northwestern vs Chicago State (Last 1 Games)
- Last year, the Wildcats averaged 16.8 fewer points per game (64.9) than the Cougars allowed (81.7).
- Northwestern had a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 record overall last season when scoring more than 81.7 points.
- Chicago State had a 7-14 record against the spread and a 3-24 record overall last season when allowing more than 64.9 points.
- The Cougars put up an average of 61.4 points per game last year, 8.7 fewer points than the 70.1 the Wildcats gave up to opponents.
- Chicago State put together a 2-0 ATS record and a 4-3 overall record last season in games it scored more than 70.1 points.
- Northwestern's record was 11-13 against the spread and 4-21 overall when it allowed its opponents to score more than 61.4 points last season.
- The Wildcats had a -160-point scoring differential last season (-5.2 per game). The Cougars were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-589 total points, -20.3 per game).
- The Wildcats and the Cougars grabbed rebounds at nearly the same clip last season (30.5 and 27 boards per game, respectively).
- Northwestern was 4-3 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Chicago State was 6-12 when they lost the rebounding battle.
- The Wildcats and the Cougars were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging 6.5 and 6.1 offensive boards per game, respectively.
- The Wildcats were 2-3 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Cougars were 7-11 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Rebounding was a weakness for both organizations last season. Northwestern recorded a rebounding margin of -4.3 rebounds per game. Chicago State averaged a margin of -5.6 rebounds.