The Northwestern Wildcats (2-0) host the Pittsburgh Panthers (2-1) as 2-point favorites after Chase Audige scored 20 points in the Wildcats 111-66 victory over Chicago State. The matchup airs on ESP2 at 9:15 PM ET on Wednesday, December 9, 2020. The matchup's over/under is set at 67.
Northwestern vs Pittsburgh Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- Miller Kopp averaged 13.1 points per game last season.
- Boo Buie dished out 2.4 assists per game and Ryan Young pulled down 6.1 rebounds per matchup.
- Last season, Kopp made 2.1 threes per game.
- Buie swiped 0.7 steals per game. Pete Nance collected 1.0 block a game.
- Au'Diese Toney outpaced his teammates on the Panthers scoring front by putting up 18.3 points per game. He adds 4.7 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game this season.
- When it comes to Pittsburgh leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Justin Champagnie with 8.0 rebounds per game and Xavier Johnson with 8.3 assists per game.
- Ithiel Horton is tops from three-point range for the Panthers, knocking down 2.3 threes per game.
- Pittsburgh's Toney has the top spot on the team's steals leaderboard with 1.7 per game and Karim Coulibaly is first in blocks with 1.7 per game.
Northwestern vs Pittsburgh: Last Meeting
Northwestern vs Pittsburgh (Last 1 Games)
- Last year, the 64.9 points per game the Wildcats averaged were only 0.8 fewer points than the Panthers allowed (65.7).
- Northwestern finished 11-0 against the spread and 7-9 overall last season in games it scored more than 65.7 points.
- Pittsburgh went 5-13 against the spread and 4-15 overall last season when allowing more than 64.9 points.
- The Panthers scored only 4.9 fewer points per game last year (65.2) than the Wildcats allowed their opponents to score (70.1).
- Pittsburgh put together an 8-0 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record last season in games it scored more than 70.1 points.
- Northwestern went 9-12 against the spread and 2-20 overall last season when it gave up more than 65.2 points.
- The Wildcats had a -160-point scoring differential last season (-5.2 per game). The Panthers were also been out-scored by opponents on average last year (-17 total points, -0.5 per game).
- The Wildcats and the Panthers rebounded at exactly the same rate last season (30.5 boards per game).
- The Wildcats averaged 6.5 offensive boards per game, -3.7 rebounds fewer than the Panthers.
- The Panthers were 6-10-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Wildcats were 9-11 when they trail in offensive rebounds.
- Rebounding was a sore spot for both squads last year. The Wildcats recorded an average rebounding margin of -4.3 rebounds per game, and the Panthers averaged a margin of -2.7 rebounds.