Two struggling teams square off when the Northwestern State Demons (1-10) visit the Houston Baptist Huskies (1-7) on Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Demons are 4-point favorites as they look to stop a five-game losing streak against the Huskies, who have lost three straight. The over/under for the matchup is 161.5.
Northwestern State vs Houston Baptist Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Northwestern State and Houston Baptist
Northwestern State and Houston Baptist Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 4+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Northwestern State Leaders
- The Demons scoring leader is Jairus Roberson, who puts up 11.5 points per game.
- Kendal Coleman paces Northwestern State with 7.1 rebounds per game and C.J. Jones leads the team with 2.7 assists per matchup.
- Roberson knocks down 2.9 threes per game to lead the Demons.
- Trenton Massner leads the team with 1.1 steals per game. Dalin Williams collects 0.6 blocks an outing to pace the Demons.
Houston Baptist Leaders
- The Huskies leader in scoring is Za-Ontay Boothman with 12.4 points per game. He also adds 2.1 rebounds per game and 1.6 assists per game.
- When it comes to Houston Baptist leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Pedro Castro with 6.8 rebounds per game and Ty Dalton with 2.3 assists per game.
- Boothman leads the Huskies in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.8 made threes per game.
- Castro owns the top spot on the team in both steals (1.1 per game) and blocks (1.1 per game).
Northwestern State vs Houston Baptist: Last 3 Meetings
Northwestern State has taken two of its last three matchups against Houston Baptist. The Demons have a 1-0 record against the spread in those games against the Huskies.
Northwestern State vs Houston Baptist (Last 3 Games)
- The 67.5 points per game the Demons put up are 17 fewer points than the Huskies give up (84.5).
- Northwestern State has a 0-0 record overall and a 0-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 84.5 points.
- Houston Baptist has a 0-6-1 record against the spread and a 0-7 record overall when giving up more than 67.5 points.
- The Huskies put up 13.6 fewer points per game (69.1) than the Demons allow their opponents to score (82.7).
- In games it scores more than 82.7 points, Houston Baptist is 0-0 against the spread and 1-0 overall.
- Northwestern State has a 0-9 record overall and an ATS record of 2-6 in games when its opponents score more than 69.1 points.
- The Demons have been out-scored by 167 points this season (15.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Huskies have out-scored them by 123 more points on the year (15.4 per game).
- The Demons average 37.3 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Huskies by 5.1 boards per contest.
- When Northwestern State earns the rebounding advantage they are 0-0 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Houston Baptist is 0-4.
- The Demons average 10.9 offensive boards per game, more than the Huskies by 3.3 rebounds per contest.
- The Demons are 0-2 against the spread when they win the battle on the boards. The Huskies are 0-5-1 when they lose the rebounding edge.
- Rebounding has been a weakness for both organizations this season. Northwestern State records a rebounding margin of -6.7 rebounds per game. Houston Baptist averages a margin -7.6 rebounds.