The North Carolina Tar Heels (7-4) host the Syracuse Orange (7-2) after winning three home games in a row. The Tar Heels are favored by 4.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. The point total is set at 145.5 in the matchup.
North Carolina vs Syracuse Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for North Carolina and Syracuse
North Carolina and Syracuse Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 4.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
North Carolina Leaders
- The Tar Heels scoring leader is Armando Bacot, who puts up 11.1 points per game.
- North Carolina is led in rebounding by Day'Ron Sharpe's 8.2 rebounds per game and assisting by Caleb Love's 3.5 assists per game .
- Kerwin Walton averages 1.4 made threes per game to lead the Tar Heels.
- North Carolina's steals leader is Rechon 'Leaky' Black, who averages 1.4 per game. Sharpe leads the team averaging 1.0 block an outing.
- Quincy Guerrier is at the top of the Orange scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 15.7 points per game and 9.2 rebounds per game this season.
- The Orange assist leader is Joseph Girard III with 4.6 assists per game.
- The Orange are paced by Girard from beyond the arc -- he makes 2.4 shots from deep per game.
- Kadary Richmond owns the top spot on the team in both steals (2.2 per game) and blocks (0.9 per game).
North Carolina vs Syracuse: Last 3 Meetings
North Carolina leads the past three matchups 2-1 over Syracuse. The Tar Heels and the Orange have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
North Carolina vs Syracuse (Last 3 Games)
- The Tar Heels record just 4.9 more points per game (72.3) than the Orange allow (67.4).
- North Carolina is 3-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- When Syracuse gives up more than 72.3 points, it is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- The Orange average 12.1 more points per game (80) than the Tar Heels give up to opponents (67.9).
- Syracuse is 6-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 67.9 points.
- North Carolina's record is 0-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it gives up more than 80 points to its opponents.
- The Tar Heels have totaled 48 more points than their opponents this season (4.4 per game on average), and the Orange have scored 113 more points than their opponents (12.6 per game).
- The Tar Heels and the Orange are similar rebounding teams, with the squads averaging and 43.7 and 38.9 rebounds per game, respectively.
- When North Carolina earns the rebounding advantage they are 3-6-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Syracuse is 0-2.
- The Tar Heels average 15.5 offensive boards per game, more than the Orange by 5.1 rebounds per contest.
- When the Tar Heels grab the most offensive rebounds they are 4-6-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Orange are 2-2.
- Both teams tend to win the rebounding battle. The Tar Heels record an average rebounding margin of +12.6 rebounds per game, and the Orange average a margin of +2.8 rebounds.