Jose Alvarado leads the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-3) into a matchup with the North Carolina Tar Heels (5-3) after putting up 29 points in a 97-69 win over Delaware State. The Yellow Jackets are 3.5-point underdogs in the game on Wednesday, December 30, 2020, which tips off at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 142.5.
North Carolina vs Georgia Tech Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for North Carolina and Georgia Tech
North Carolina and Georgia Tech Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 3.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
North Carolina Leaders
- Armando Bacot leads the Tar Heels in points and rebounds. He scores 12.1 points per game while tacking on 8.4 rebounds.
- The squad is led in assists by Caleb Love's 3.8 per game.
- RJ Davis averages 1.3 made threes per game to lead the Tar Heels.
- North Carolina's steals leader is Rechon 'Leaky' Black, who grabs 1.5 per game. Day'Ron Sharpe leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks a contest.
Georgia Tech Leaders
- Moses Wright is at the top of the Yellow Jackets scoring and rebounding leaderboards with 19.6 points per game and 7.7 rebounds per game this season.
- Alvarado holds the title of Georgia Tech assist leader, dishing out 3.7 assists per game this season.
- Alvarado is tops from three-point range for the Yellow Jackets, knocking down 2.1 threes per game.
- Alvarado leads the Tar Heels with 1.5 steals per game and Wright is their top shot blocker with 1.0 blocks per game.
North Carolina vs Georgia Tech: Last 2 Meetings
The record between North Carolina and Georgia Tech is tied 1-1 over the past two matchups. The Yellow Jackets have beat the spread more often than not against the Tar Heels, holding a 1-0 record ATS in those head-to-head meetings.
North Carolina vs Georgia Tech (Last 2 Games)
- The Tar Heels average 74.4 points per contest, just 2.6 fewer points than the 77 the Yellow Jackets allow their opponents.
- When North Carolina totals more than 77 points, it is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- In games when Georgia Tech gives up more than 74.4 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Yellow Jackets' 82.7 points per game are 14.6 more points than the 68.1 the Tar Heels give up to opponents.
- Georgia Tech is 3-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall when it scores more than 68.1 points.
- North Carolina is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows more than 82.7 points.
- The Tar Heels have totaled 50 more points than their opponents this season (6.3 per game on average), and the Yellow Jackets have scored 40 more points than their opponents (5.7 per game).
- The Tar Heels average 44.9 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Yellow Jackets by eight boards per contest.
- North Carolina is 2-4-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. Georgia Tech is 2-1 when they lose the rebounding battle.
- The Tar Heels average 16 offensive boards per game, more than the Yellow Jackets by five rebounds per contest.
- The Tar Heels are 3-4-1 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Yellow Jackets are 2-1 when they trail in offensive rebounding.
- Rebounding has been a pillar for both teams this year. North Carolina records an average rebounding margin of +12.1 rebounds per game. Georgia Tech averages a margin of +1.5 rebounds.