A pair of struggling teams hit the court when the Nicholls State Colonels (2-4) host the Lamar Cardinals (1-7) on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Cardinals are 7.5-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a four-game losing streak against the Colonels, losers of four straight. The matchup has an over/under of 146 points.
Nicholls State vs Lamar Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
ATS Records for Nicholls State and Lamar
Nicholls State and Lamar Betting Information
||ATS Record Against 7.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Nicholls State Leaders
- Jitaurious Gordon leads the Colonels scoring 13.9 points per game.
- Najee Garvin paces Nicholls State with 7.1 rebounds a game and Kevin Johnson leads the team with 3.7 assists per matchup.
- The 2.3 three-pointers Gordon knocks down per game are a team-high mark for the Colonels.
- Nicholls State's steals leader is Johnson, who grabs 2.9 per game. Ryghe Lyons leads the team averaging 1.6 blocks a game.
- Davion Buster owns the Cardinals top spot in scoring with 17.0 points per game and also tacks on 2.7 rebounds and 0.3 assists per contest.
- The Cardinals leaders in rebounds and assists are Avery Sullivan (7.4 rebounds per game) and Kasen Harrison (4.1 assists per game).
- Buster knocks down a team-high 3.2 three-pointers per game for the Cardinals.
- Nobody on Lamar grabs more steals than Ellis Jefferson (1.5 per game) or blocks more shots than David Muoka (1.9 per game).
Nicholls State vs Lamar: Last 3 Meetings
Nicholls State has won two of its last three games with Lamar. The Colonels and the Cardinals have a tied 1-1 record ATS in those head-to-head matchups.
Nicholls State vs Lamar (Last 3 Games)
Betting on the Over/Under
In Nicholls State games this season, the total went over Wednesday's over/under two times (33.3%).
In 25% of Lamar games this season (2/8), the total points scored was greater than Wednesday's total of 146.
Wednesday's total is 19.7 points higher than the combined 126.3 PPG average of the two teams.
This contest's over/under is 0.5 points under the 146.5 these two squads combine to give up per game in 2020-21.
The average total in Colonels games this season is 140.5, 5.5 points fewer than Wednesday's total of 146 .
In 2020-21, games involving the Cardinals have averaged a total of 132.2 points, 13.8 fewer than this game's set over/under.