The South Carolina State Bulldogs (0-3) are big, 11.5-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (0-2) on Saturday, December 5, 2020 at Kimmel Arena. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 144.5 points.
UNC Asheville vs South Carolina State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
UNC Asheville Leaders
- Devon Baker put up 16.5 points per game last season.
- LJ Thorpe collected 6.4 rebounds per game and Lavar Batts Jr. dished out 2.5 assists per contest.
- Coty Jude was reliable from beyond the arc a season ago, connecting on 2.3 threes per game.
- Batts swiped 1.8 steals per game. Evan Clayborne collected 1.1 blocks an outing.
South Carolina State Leaders
- Jemal Davis outpaced his teammates on the South Carolina State Bulldogs scoring front by putting up 9.0 points per game. He adds 2.7 rebounds and 0.7 assists per game this season.
- Latavian Lawrence's 5.7 rebounds per game and Rahsaan Edwards' 3.0 assists per game put them in the top spots on the South Carolina State Bulldogs rebounds and assists leaderboards.
- Lawrence hits 1.7 three-pointers per game, the top mark for the South Carolina State Bulldogs.
- The South Carolina State Bulldogs leaders in steals and blocks are Davis (2.0 steals per game) and Floyd Rideau Jr. (1.0 blocks per game).
UNC Asheville vs South Carolina State: Last Meeting
UNC Asheville vs South Carolina State (Last 1 Games)
- Last season, the 75 points per contest the UNC Asheville Bulldogs put up were just 0.2 fewer points than the South Carolina State Bulldogs gave up (75.2).
- UNC Asheville put together a 6-0 record against the spread and a 10-5 record overall last season when totaling 75.2 points or more.
- South Carolina State put together a record of 4-8 against the spread and 5-10 overall last season when giving up more than 75 points.
- The South Carolina State Bulldogs' 70.2 points per game last year were just 4.6 fewer points than the 74.8 the UNC Asheville Bulldogs allowed to opponents.
- South Carolina State compiled a 5-0 ATS record and finished 8-1 overall last season in games it scored more than 74.8 points.
- UNC Asheville went 6-7 against the spread and 8-12 overall last season when it gave up more than 70.2 points.
- The UNC Asheville Bulldogs put up only eight more points than their opponents last year (an average of 0.2 per game), while the South Carolina State Bulldogs were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by 143 total points, -5 per game).
- The UNC Asheville Bulldogs and the South Carolina State Bulldogs grabbed rebounds at nearly the same rate last season (27.6 and 31.8 boards per game, respectively).
- When South Carolina State earned the rebounding advantage they were 7-5 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, UNC Asheville was 5-11.
- The UNC Asheville Bulldogs averaged 7.5 offensive rebounds per game, -1.3 rebounds less than the South Carolina State Bulldogs.
- When the South Carolina State Bulldogs grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 7-5 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the UNC Asheville Bulldogs were 5-7.
- Rebounding margin was a weakness for UNC Asheville with a mark of -5.8 rebounds per game last season. South Carolina State routinely had an advantage on the boards, averaging a margin of +1.5.