The Navy Midshipmen (3-1) host the Bucknell Bison (0-0) in a matchup of Patriot teams at Alumni Hall (Navy), beginning at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 2, 2021. The Midshipmen are 4.5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total in the matchup is 137.
Navy vs Bucknell Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Midshipmen points and assists leader is Cam Davis. He scores 19.8 points per game and contributes 2.3 assists.
- John Carter Jr. paces Navy with 4.8 rebounds per game.
- Carter is the top three-point shooter for the Midshipmen, hitting 2.5 per game.
- Navy's blocks leader is Daniel Deaver, who averages 0.5 per game. Davis leads the team averaging 1.8 steals an outing.
- John Meeks scored 11.2 points per game last season while also adding 5.3 rebounds.
- Andrew Funk collected 1.7 assists per game.
- Walter Ellis was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, connecting on 1.5 per game.
- Miles Latimer grabbed 0.9 steals per game. Paul Newman collected 0.6 blocks an outing.
Navy vs Bucknell: Last 2 Meetings
The Midshipmen have a 2-0 record in the last two games against the Bison. Neither team holds an advantage against the spread in those head-to-head meetings, with the season series knotted up at 1-1 ATS.
Navy vs Bucknell (Last 2 Games)
- Last year, the 63.6 points per game the Midshipmen put up were 7.4 fewer points than the Bison gave up (71).
- Navy finished with a record of 4-0 against the spread and 5-2 overall last season in games it scored more than 71 points.
- When Bucknell's opponents scored more than 63.6 points last season, it went 5-14 against the spread and 9-17 overall.
- The Bison averaged only 3.5 more points per game last year (67.6) than the Midshipmen allowed their opponents to score (64.1).
- Bucknell went 13-8 overall and 4-0 against the spread when it scored more than 64.1 points last season.
- Navy's record was 2-2 against the spread and 1-8 overall when it allowed its opponents to score more than 67.6 points last season.
- The Midshipmen were out-scored by 16 points last season (0.5 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bison have out-scored them by 116 more points on the year (3.4 per game).
- The Midshipmen and the Bison rebounded at around the same rate, averaging 32.5 and 29.6 boards per game last season, respectively.
- When Navy earned the rebounding advantage they were 10-7 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Bucknell was 5-12.
- The Midshipmen averaged 9.8 offensive boards per game, more than the Bison by 2.5 rebounds per contest last season.
- The Midshipmen were 5-8 against the spread when they won the battle on the boards. The Bison were 5-10 when they lost the rebounding edge.
- Navy found regular success on the boards with an average rebounding margin of +3.9 rebounds per game, and Bucknell struggled in comparison averaging a margin of -3.3.