The Illinois State Redbirds (2-1) visit the Murray State Racers (1-1) as 7-point favorites after Emon Washington went off for 30 points in the Redbirds 177-108 victory over Greenville. The game is at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 5, 2020. The over/under in the matchup is 68.
Murray State vs Illinois State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Murray State Leaders
- Tevin Brown scored 17.9 points per game last season and added 3.7 assists.
- KJ Williams pulled down 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Last season, Brown made 2.7 threes per game.
- Brown grabbed 1.2 per game. Demond Robinson averaged 1.5 blocks a contest.
Illinois State Leaders
- Josiah Strong's excellent showing this season give him the top spot on the Redbirds scoring and assists leaderboards with 16.3 points per game and 5.0 assists per game.
- Harouna Sissoko collects all of the boards and is the Illinois State leader in rebounds, getting 6.3 per game.
- DJ Horne is tops from three-point range for the Redbirds, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Nobody on Illinois State grabs more steals than Horne (3.0 per game) or blocks more shots than Abdou Ndiaye (2.3 per game).
- Last year, the Racers scored 75.4 points per game, 5.4 more points than the 70 the Redbirds allowed.
- Murray State went 11-0 against the spread and 20-2 overall last season when scoring more than 70 points.
- When Illinois State gave up more than 75.4 points last season, it went 1-6 against the spread and 0-8 overall.
- The Redbirds put up just 1.4 more points per game last year (66.1) than the Racers gave up to opponents (64.7).
- Illinois State went 6-0-1 against the spread and 8-10 overall when it scored more than 64.7 points last season.
- Murray State went 3-7-1 against the spread and 7-7 overall when it allowed more than 66.1 points last season.
- The Racers out-scored their opponents by a total of 343 points last season (10.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Redbirds out-scored them by 121 more points on the year (3.9 per game).
- The Racers averaged 35.3 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Redbirds by 5.1 boards per contest last season.
- The Racers were 12-5 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Redbirds were 5-9 when they lost the rebounding advantage.
- The Racers and the Redbirds were evenly matched on the offensive glass last season, with the teams averaging 8.3 and 7.5 offensive boards per game, respectively.
- When the Racers grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 8-5 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Redbirds were 2-7-1.
- Murray State found regular success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +6.1 rebounds per game, and Illinois State struggled in comparison averaging a margin of -1.7.