The No. 8 Michigan State Spartans (4-0) are heavily favored (-13.5) to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the Western Michigan Broncos (0-1) at 6:00 PM ET on Sunday, December 6, 2020 at Breslin Center. The contest airs on BTN. The matchup has a point total of 67.5.
Michigan State vs Western Michigan Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Michigan State Leaders
- The Spartans points and rebounds leader is Joey Hauser. He scores 12.0 points per game and adds 11.7 rebounds.
- Michigan State's assists leader is Aaron Henry, who racks up 5.0 assists per game.
- Foster Loyer averages 2.3 made threes per game to pace the Spartans.
- Henry records 2.0 steals and 2.7 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
Western Michigan Leaders
- B. Artis White contributed 7.3 points per game last season.
- Jason Whitens collected 4.3 rebounds a game and Rafael Cruz Jr. dished out 1.8 assists per outing.
- A season ago, Artis White hit 1.6 threes per game.
- Artis White averaged 0.9 steals per game. Chase Barrs collected 0.5 blocks a contest.
Michigan State vs Western Michigan: Last Meeting
Michigan State vs Western Michigan (Last 1 Games)
- Last season, the Spartans recorded 75.9 points per contest, just 3.8 more points than the 72.1 the Broncos allowed their opponents.
- Michigan State had a 12-0 record against the spread and an 18-1 record overall last season when putting up more than 72.1 points.
- Western Michigan went 3-6 against the spread and 2-8 overall last season when giving up more than 75.9 points.
- The Broncos put up only 4.7 more points per game last year (69.4) than the Spartans gave up (64.7).
- Western Michigan went 8-0 against the spread and 11-7 overall when it scored more than 64.7 points last season.
- Michigan State went 1-9 against the spread and 5-5 overall last season when it allowed more than 69.4 points.
- The Spartans totaled 346 more points than their opponents last season (11.2 per game on average), while the Broncos were out-scored by 86 total points (2.7 per game average differential).
- The Spartans averaged 37.7 rebounds per game, outrebounding the Broncos by 5.7 boards per contest last season.
- When Michigan State earned the rebounding advantage they were 15-8 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Western Michigan was 4-7.
- The Spartans averaged 9.5 offensive boards per game, more than the Broncos by 2.3 rebounds per contest last season.
- When the Spartans grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 10-6 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Broncos were 7-6.
- The Spartans found regular success on the glass with an average rebounding margin of +8.1 rebounds per game, and the Broncos struggled in comparison, averaging a margin of -1.8.