The Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-2) are favored by 9.5 points against the Jackson State Tigers (0-0) on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup airs on SECN. The matchup's point total is set at 62.
Mississippi State vs Jackson State Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Mississippi State Leaders
- DJ Stewart leads the Bulldogs in scoring, racking up 17.8 points per game.
- Cameron Matthews leads Mississippi State with 2.5 assists a game and Tolu Smith paces the team with 7.5 rebounds per outing.
- Stewart hits 1.8 threes per game to lead the Bulldogs.
- Matthews leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Abdul Ado collects 2.0 blocks an outing to pace the Bulldogs.
Jackson State Leaders
- Tristan Jarrett averaged 16.8 points per game last season.
- Jonas James collected 2.9 assists a game and Jayveous McKinnis pulled down 9.3 rebounds per contest.
- Jarrett showed his strength from the three-point line a season ago, knocking down 1.5 threes per game.
- Jarrett grabbed 1.3 steals per game. McKinnis averaged 1.8 blocks a game.
- Last year, the 73.4 points per game the Bulldogs averaged were six more points than the Tigers allowed (67.4).
- Mississippi State finished 11-0 against the spread and 16-6 overall last season in games it scored more than 67.4 points.
- Jackson State had a 3-6 record against the spread and went 0-11 overall last season when giving up more than 73.4 points.
- The Tigers put up an average of 67.3 points per game last year, just 0.8 fewer points than the 68.1 the Bulldogs allowed to opponents.
- When it scored more than 68.1 points last season, Jackson State finished 5-0 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- Mississippi State had a 10-8 record overall and an ATS record of 6-10 last season when its opponents scored more than 67.3 points.
- The Bulldogs scored a total of 163 more points than their opponents last year (an average of 5.3 per game), while the Tigers were out-scored by opponents on average last year (by four total points, -0.1 per game).
- The Bulldogs and the Tigers rebounded at a similar rate last season (34.4 and 29.9 boards per game, respectively).
- The Bulldogs were 10-8 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Tigers were 4-9-1 when they lost the rebounding advantage.
- The Bulldogs averaged 10.3 offensive boards per game, outgaining the Tigers by two rebounds per contest last season.
- When the Bulldogs grabbed the most offensive rebounds they were 10-8 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, the Tigers were 3-3.
- Mississippi State recorded an average rebounding margin of +6.7 rebounds per game, and Jackson State averaged a margin of -2.8 rebounds.