A game after he went off for 21 points in a 56-52 loss to Marist, Majesty Brandon leads the Canisius Golden Griffins (1-1) on the road against the Monmouth Hawks (1-2) on Sunday, December 27, 2020. The Golden Griffins are underdogs by 5 points in the matchup, which tips off at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 154.5.
Monmouth vs Canisius Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
- The Hawks scoring leader is George Papas, who puts up 20.3 points per game.
- Monmouth is led in rebounding by Nikkei Rutty's 6.3 rebounds per game and assisting by Samuel Chaput's 3.3 assists per game .
- Papas is the top three-point shooter for the Hawks, hitting 5.3 per game.
- The Hawks steals leader is Deion Hammond, who averages 2.7 per game. Jarvis Vaughan leads the team averaging 1.0 block a game.
- Brandon put up 13.9 points per game last season.
- Jacco Fritz collected 4.5 rebounds per game and Jordan Henderson dished out 2.0 assists per outing.
- Brandon hit 1.9 threes per game a season ago.
- Brandon collected 1.2 steals per game. Jalanni White averaged 0.6 blocks a contest.
Monmouth vs Canisius: Last 2 Meetings
The Hawks have a 2-0 record in the last two matchups with the Golden Griffins. The Hawks have a 2-0 record against the spread in those contests with the Golden Griffins.
Monmouth vs Canisius (Last 2 Games)
- Last year, the Hawks averaged 71.3 points per game, only 0.5 more points than the 70.8 the Golden Griffins gave up.
- Monmouth finished 10-0 against the spread and 13-4 overall last season when scoring more than 70.8 points.
- Canisius had a 4-7 record against the spread and a 3-9 record overall last season when giving up more than 71.3 points.
- The Golden Griffins put up an average of 68.6 points per game last year, just two fewer points than the 70.6 the Hawks gave up to opponents.
- Canisius went 8-5 overall and 8-0 against the spread when it scored more than 70.6 points last season.
- Monmouth had a 7-9 record overall and an ATS record of 6-9 last season when its opponents scored more than 68.6 points.
- The Hawks out-scored their opponents by a total of 21 points last season (0.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Golden Griffins out-scored them by 69 more points on the year (2.2 per game).
- The Hawks and the Golden Griffins rebounded at a similar rate last season (31.1 and 29.8 boards per game, respectively).
- When Monmouth earned the rebounding advantage they were 8-1 against the spread. When recording fewer boards, Canisius was 6-11-1.
- The Hawks and the Golden Griffins were evenly matched on the offensive boards last season, with the teams averaging 7.9 and 8.4 offensive rebounds per game, respectively.
- The Golden Griffins were 4-9-2 against the spread when grabbing more boards than their opponents. The Hawks were 9-10 when they trail in offensive rebounds.
- Rebounding was a area of weakness for both squads last year. The Hawks recorded an average rebounding margin of -3.9 rebounds per game, and the Golden Griffins averaged a margin of -2.1 rebounds.